Caffeine addicts anonymous
Jun 10, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #2,356 of 3,173
Hello. My name is PL4Y3R 0N3 and I've been a caffeine addict for almost two years. It started out pretty normal, my mom got a keurig 2.0 and I was curious. That's it. I liked flavored coffe, tried a few brews, but then it went downhill. I started hitting the really hard stuff. Starbucks pike place roast (260mg caffeine per 8 oz). I had it every morning, sometimes twice a day. Now I just drink it black. I feel like I need it. I justify every cup. "Oh you need to wake up in the mornings." "One cup can't hurt." "I don't need it, but that doesn't mean I can't have it." And worst of all, "It's healthy, right?" Now I feel like I need caffeine to live. It's my reason to wake in the morning, it's what I look forward to at night. I still have coffe every day.
So what's your fix? What are you drinking?
You drink coffee at night? You do nightshift ? Or it helps you sleep? Curious

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #2,357 of 3,173
upload_2017-6-10_18-47-9.jpeg

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #2,361 of 3,173
Everyday when i wake up this 30sec clip repeats in my head

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #2,362 of 3,173
You drink coffee at night? You do nightshift ? Or it helps you sleep? Curious
Actually I look forward to it in the morning. At least, I used to. I've been having trouble with my stomach for a while, and it has made me stop craving coffee. But, it's getting better, and I fully plan to start drinking coffee again once it's all the way gone.
I actually would drink coffee at night. It's kinda relaxing, a bit of chill music and a nice cup of coffee. Hard to beat, especially if I don't have to be asleep for a while.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #2,363 of 3,173
Actually I look forward to it in the morning. At least, I used to. I've been having trouble with my stomach for a while, and it has made me stop craving coffee. But, it's getting better, and I fully plan to start drinking coffee again once it's all the way gone.

Just think how it'd be if you were an energy drink fiend like me. Even Mountain Dew is wrecking my stomach. On some days I'll have a second one when I should really just sleep. I mean, it's 7:30 AM now and I haven't slept...

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #2,364 of 3,173
Just think how it'd be if you were an energy drink fiend like me. Even Mountain Dew is wrecking my stomach. On some days I'll have a second one when I should really just sleep. I mean, it's 7:30 AM now and I haven't slept...
Seems my problem was purely stress. I went to the doctors office twice and they couldn't find a single thing wrong with me, even when I felt so sick I couldn't eat. Fortunately I have summer break now, and I'm trying to just decompress over it. I'm also working over the break, so not much time for Head-Fi, but I'll try to be on more. I got busier than I had ever been in the last three months, and since I was last on I completed my last quarter of the year, moved, moved again, got a job, and tons of other stuff I can't remember. Things slowed down for now, and so I'm back.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #2,365 of 3,173
Seems my problem was purely stress. I went to the doctors office twice and they couldn't find a single thing wrong with me, even when I felt so sick I couldn't eat. Fortunately I have summer break now, and I'm trying to just decompress over it. I'm also working over the break, so not much time for Head-Fi, but I'll try to be on more. I got busier than I had ever been in the last three months, and since I was last on I completed my last quarter of the year, moved, moved again, got a job, and tons of other stuff I can't remember. Things slowed down for now, and so I'm back.

Stress can cause a lot of damage to the human body and can even be lethal, so it's worth dealing with before it becomes that much of a problem.

Feel free to share more details about your life, Mr. Thread Starter. :beerchug: (Personally I'm curious about the job.)

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,366 of 3,173
I have a Jura 1 from Denmark, Hawaiian kona beens that are the pinnacle to me of buttery savoury eye opening life juice. Triple capacino the first is always the best, no matter how much vein slapping happens after, but there will be two. A separate frother creating pillows of luxurious softness that mixes like a a stary night gaze looking up at the deepest Milky Way. Sometimes there will be three, only sometimes, I am shocked at the self control, but my nerve endings are pulsing at that point, game over, set and match.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,367 of 3,173
Stress can cause a lot of damage to the human body and can even be lethal, so it's worth dealing with before it becomes that much of a problem.

Feel free to share more details about your life, Mr. Thread Starter. :beerchug: (Personally I'm curious about the job.)
Well, the job is a physical labor job pretty much. Lots of walking up and down hills, but it pays well. Usually it's 10 hour days 6 days a week, but this week we had a few days we missed so I'm working today as well.
Definitely recommend large amounts of caffeine for this one, I have to wake up at 5:30. To me that's almost like torture.:joy:

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #2,368 of 3,173
I have not worked since early forties and I wake up between 5:30 and 8:00 with no rhyme or reason, you would think after many years you would sleep all day, but now reaching for my second cup, lying in bed, with my iPad. Our cat visiting us to kneed our bladders and say get up, let me out, that little fur ball!!

Jun 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #2,369 of 3,173
I have not worked since early forties and I wake up between 5:30 and 8:00 with no rhyme or reason, you would think after many years you would sleep all day, but now reaching for my second cup, lying in bed, with my iPad. Our cat visiting us to kneed our bladders and say get up, let me out, that little fur ball!!
Perhaps the cat is telling you something else, "Get me some coffee too."

Jun 11, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #2,370 of 3,173
Well, I hope that you can de-stress and start feeling better. Stress sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back