Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #197 of 3,173
Breville esxl, hands down the best machine I have ever purchased.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scp1JLGjBE4

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #198 of 3,173
AeroPress is more universal and faster to brew. You can use a paper filter or a metal mesh filter. 

I love how that video showed me everything I didn't want to know or already knew before it got to the taste differences. Really, portability? "I wonder which one is more portable, this huge, glass, multi price French press or the tiny all-plastic aeropress?"

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #199 of 3,173
  @Dickies I'd rather have a bad cup of coffee than Vegemite.

If it's vegemite straight from the jar i'm with you, if it's on a piece of toast life's too short for bad coffee.
You know some of my fellow aussies have vegemite on toast and a cup of coffee for breakfast, those people are mad.

Do you drink coffee to "wake up" ( to stimulate nervous system) or do you drink coffee to enjoy a taste? My biggest problem is how to get good beans. I use AeroPress and paper filters.

it's funny I more do it cos it's just what I do, and what I've always done.
I always have a cup and check my email/fb/forums/plan the day when I wake up, when I smoked I always used to have a coffee and a smoke when I woke up.
I went to a small school for a couple of years as a teen and I'd always make the teacher and myself a cup after the lunch break.
at an old job at 3 o'clock everyday the guy I worked for would always want a coffee so I made us one, at another job I was the guy at the bottom so learning the coffee machine was pretty my first few weeks, and the big boss always had his own beans so when ever I made one for him I use his beans and make my own.

I don't really feel effects of 1 coffee these days, I'm sure I get a little bump, but I tell you if I drink a whole french press my hand sure won't stay steady!

edit:
I still do love the taste of a great coffee though, I had one just the other day and boy was my day made! I'm just more a junkie than a user

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #200 of 3,173
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanD 

@Dickies I'd rather have a bad cup of coffee than Vegemite.

Originally Posted by Dickies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it's vegemite straight from the jar i'm with you, if it's on a piece of toast life's too short for bad coffee.
You know some of my fellow aussies have vegemite on toast and a cup of coffee for breakfast, those people are mad.

Coffee and Vegemite is what makes the Bunyip strong.

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #201 of 3,173
Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for posting to my silly little thread, never imagined it'd make it to 200, even if about 90 were mine XD. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys this thread as much as I do, let's try and get it to 1000! Or at least 250 :wink: .

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #202 of 3,173
Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for posting to my silly little thread, never imagined it'd make it to 200, even if about 90 were mine XD. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys this thread as much as I do, let's try and get it to 1000! Or at least 250
wink.gif

we've come a long way we're feeding bunyips coffee and vegemite now
  Coffee and Vegemite is what makes the Bunyip strong.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #203 of 3,173

we've come a long way we're feeding bunyips coffee and vegemite now

Better that they spend the day at the bottle shop or should they be gathering about Ayers Rock waiting for their coffee?

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #204 of 3,173
So for at tonights meeting I'd like to share the story of the worst coffee I've ever had... twice

Twas the day after my birthday a couple of years ago.

I'd had these tabs of LSD in my freezer for months, I'd got them from a guy that looked like the singer from Alice In Chains Layne Staley (my fellow grunge fans Layne isn't dead he sells acid in Ringwood)

A friend and I took the acid, had a fun old time hanging out at my place, but I'm not hear to tell you about that (this is caff annon not narc annon)
we we're up all night at about 10am we were well on the way down. My partner in crime suggested we go to a local chicken shop to get something to eat, we began the trek and almost right away realised our bodies were sapped, luckily right near by was a roadside pitstop place, in the state we were in we didn't care for the food they had (I knew in my head if I ate anything other than a chicken roll I would just vomit) so we gave up on the food idea but they did have a coffee machine!

Turns out they didn't have a coffee machine... they had a machine which combined into a cup the taste of cardboard, cheap long life milk and feet and we're not talking clean manicured feet, I had ordered a latte my friend had ordered a long black, you can't screw up a long black, it's just not possible... they did, we both tried each others and agreed these were the worst cups of coffee we'd ever had, I'm pretty sure bong water would've gone down easier than these coffee's.

Now about 4 days later I thought to myself 'that coffee can't have been as bad as I remember?, the state I was in must have added to it?'
I had to go back and see on a day where I wasn't scattered hadn't drank, smoked or mainlined anything if the coffee was really so bad.
I ordered the another latte and long black took one sip of both... and realised the state I was in played no part, I had just bought the worst 2 worst cups of coffee I've tasted for a second time!

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #205 of 3,173
  So for at tonights meeting I'd like to share the story of the worst coffee I've ever had... twice

Twas the day after my birthday a couple of years ago.

I'd had these tabs of LSD in my freezer for months, I'd got them from a guy that looked like the singer from Alice In Chains Layne Staley (my fellow grunge fans Layne isn't dead he sells acid in Ringwood)

A friend and I took the acid, had a fun old time hanging out at my place, but I'm not hear to tell you about that (this is caff annon not narc annon)
we we're up all night at about 10am we were well on the way down. My partner in crime suggested we go to a local chicken shop to get something to eat, we began the trek and almost right away realised our bodies were sapped, luckily right near by was a roadside pitstop place, in the state we were in we didn't care for the food they had (I knew in my head if I ate anything other than a chicken roll I would just vomit) so we gave up on the food idea but they did have a coffee machine!

Turns out they didn't have a coffee machine... they had a machine which combined into a cup the taste of cardboard, cheap long life milk and feet and we're not talking clean manicured feet, I had ordered a latte my friend had ordered a long black, you can't screw up a long black, it's just not possible... they did, we both tried each others and agreed these were the worst cups of coffee we'd ever had, I'm pretty sure bong water would've gone down easier than these coffee's.

Now about 4 days later I thought to myself 'that coffee can't have been as bad as I remember?, the state I was in must have added to it?'
I had to go back and see on a day where I wasn't scattered hadn't drank, smoked or mainlined anything if the coffee was really so bad.
I ordered the another latte and long black took one sip of both... and realised the state I was in played no part, I had just bought the worst 2 worst cups of coffee I've tasted for a second time!

In your altered state did you see a bunyip or Yowie? Were they drinking coffee?

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #206 of 3,173
Of course they were.      
wink_face.gif

It's only when there's a drought of coffee that they drink billy tea.......   
confused_face.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #209 of 3,173
Too many Aussie references. I have no idea what To do with all this. My brain just can't comprehend. Not clear sentences. I feel like a computer that's about to blue screen.

I've been exposed to far too many convicts from Botany Bay. Open a history book or consult with Professor Google about Botany Bay.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #210 of 3,173
Betel nut is the second most popular drug in the world. Coffee is number one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areca_nut
It goes without saying that a natural substance that gentelly helps work and offers a slight pick-up, like coffee would be big.

Rare in the West, it is normally found at the end of an Indian dinner.

It's around where I live now but offers a strange side effect of turning your teeth first yellow then dark red. The high is way stronger than coffee but is not maybe as pleasant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back