Caffeine addicts anonymous
Jul 26, 2016 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,173

PL4Y3R 0N3

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello. My name is PL4Y3R 0N3 and I've been a caffeine addict for almost two years. It started out pretty normal, my mom got a keurig 2.0 and I was curious. That's it. I liked flavored coffe, tried a few brews, but then it went downhill. I started hitting the really hard stuff. Starbucks pike place roast (260mg caffeine per 8 oz). I had it every morning, sometimes twice a day. Now I just drink it black. I feel like I need it. I justify every cup. "Oh you need to wake up in the mornings." "One cup can't hurt." "I don't need it, but that doesn't mean I can't have it." And worst of all, "It's healthy, right?" Now I feel like I need caffeine to live. It's my reason to wake in the morning, it's what I look forward to at night. I still have coffe every day.
So what's your fix? What are you drinking?

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 3,173
I broke again this morning. I was away from my keurig so I had to go to another dealer. The cup felt warm in my hand. As I stood there waiting to check out I could see them. Mothers hiding their children's eyes. I could see the pointing. "You don't want to end up like this guy." They say. I try to hide it. I use non-descript cups. But somehow they always know.
Can I really fight this?

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 3,173
Know how addicted to caffeine I am? Coffee makes me sleepy.

I drink at least twelve ounces of Mountain Dew per day unless I go with an energy drink (which obviously has far more than just caffeine and sugar) instead. Rockstar and Rip It Power are two of my favorites. I was bummed that I can't find Monster's stronger flavors (like Extra Strength Anti-Gravity and the original Dub Edition) in stores anymore. Guess I'll eventually start buying online...

I try to have two meals before drinking any of this stuff. If I don't, it messes me up too much. I also always drink it when I start listening to music, which makes for a far more intense experience.

I got a good chuckle from the "dealer" comment. Makes it sound like we're doing drugs. (Well, technically...)

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 3,173
I got a good chuckle from the "dealer" comment. Makes it sound like we're doing drugs. (Well, technically...)

Well actually I started writing these to flex my creative writing muscles, but I enjoyed it so much I fired up the old wattpad account and turned it into a sort of journal. If you are interested in it it is called "Decaffeinated" and it's about an alternate future where all addictive substances are banned. The journal is that of a caffeine addicted person trying not to get caught. Literally just started writing it.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 3,173
Well actually I started writing these to flex my creative writing muscles, but I enjoyed it so much I fired up the old wattpad account and turned it into a sort of journal. If you are interested in it it is called "Decaffeinated" and it's about an alternate future where all addictive substances are banned. The journal is that of a caffeine addicted person trying not to get caught. Literally just started writing it.

Just post a link here once it's finished.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 3,173
Won't be for a while. I plan on making updates for a while, but prologue and first entry are in if you're interested.
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/063HzGjvmv

I'll read it all at once when it's done.
tongue.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 3,173
REMEMBER:-

A Great cup of Tea is Good, BUT:          
bigsmile_face.gif

A Good cup of Coffee is GREAT......!     
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 3,173
REMEMBER:-

A Great cup of Tea is Good, BUT:           :bigsmile_face:

A Good cup of Coffee is GREAT......!      :tongue_smile:

But of course. Nothing can compare to the sweet caramel colored nectar to the gods called coffee. It is at it's very essence a gift for all mankind to enjoy and cherish.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 3,173
I drink coffee more for the taste than the effect, so I tend to gravitate toward fancier flavors like iced lattes when the occasion arises.

Today I had two meals, then a can of Mountain Dew, then another meal...and now I'm tempted to drink another can of the Dew, mainly 'cause I'm tired. Will probably resist and watch anime instead. (I usually listen to music when I drink caffeine.)

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #12 of 3,173
Caffeine is NOT a drug, it's one of the seven main food groups essential for not only survival, but the health of the body.

The seven main food groups are (in no specific order):-

Salt
Sugar
Alcohol
Caffeine
Fat
Carbohydrates
Chocolate

Personally, caffeine belongs on the top, most essential - even surpassing chocolate.      
wink_face.gif

Although, a combination of caffeine and chocolate comes a close second...        
popcorn.gif

This is because anything that dilutes the caffeine, by necessity must be inferior.   
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #15 of 3,173
You're not drinking the right coffee. The keurig k-cups of Starbucks coffee have LOADS of caffeine. 260grams caffeine in 8 oz for the pike place roast.111 grams per 12 oz red bull. Trust me, you'll be awake after a cup.

I never said that was the only coffee I've had. I've even had raw espresso, but I don't like the taste.

Have you drank energy drinks on a consistent basis for years? Although they tend to have less caffeine than the strongest coffee, they are also loaded with tons more ingredients that make them a lot stronger and a lot more dangerous. That's why coffee has a weaker effect on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back