CAD Audio MH510 (The Sessions)
Mar 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bigbenrfan99

100+ Head-Fier
I can't find anything on this site about these headphones.  They are on sale for $72 (Amazon Gold Box) for the next 14 minutes.  There are only 3 reviews on Amazon, but they are all 5 out of 5, and they say these headphones compare to much more expensive ones.  Does anyone here know anything about them?

May 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 8
I actually ended up biting and getting myself a pair on the goldbox deal.
The only thing I have to compare with them is my ath-m50s.

I'd say in general the sessions sound a little less clear but with much more bass. I'm not experienced enough to make any other judgments though.

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 8
I bought a pair of these direct from CAD. I thought they were pretty awful... very muddy and shouty sounding. I returned them for a full refund while I could. To their credit, CAD refunded me immediately.

I suspect that the 5 star reviews on Amazon are from CAD employees and/or family. Of course, I have no proof of this at all. It is just that for me, the Sessions fell so far below those glowing reviews, I couldn't believe that anyone heard them that way.

Ah well.

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 8
My buddy is sending me a pair for free. I'll let you know what I think but I hear they need some break in...a good 48 hours. I care more about comfort than overall sound because you can just EQ them if need be. My Beyer DT770 still sound good but are getting a tad beat up. I could use some new pads. If I hate the CAD audio's I'll sell them and buy new pads on Ebay.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 8
I don't know man. They aren't quite as crisp as my DT770's but the bass is better in the CAD's. It has much more pop and rumble. It's pretty impressive.

I'd have kept them but I'm just put them up for sale because they are a tad to small for my ears. I prefer the fit of HD 598. Those didn't hurt my ears at all. I think my ears are just taller and I need deep cans. If they are round my ears will eventually get tired. Even with the DT 770's which everyone usually says they can wear for days.... not me. I get about 2 hours out of them.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 8
They reproduce audible low as 15 Hz all the way up to 18 kHz. And this is without burn in.
They do hit as low as 1 Hz but it's mainly just air energy.
I'd say the best reproduction is as low as 15 Hz and up to 18 kHz.
I feel the sound signature is about neutral and subtle warm.
It reproduces great low end and clear mids and crisp highs without going shrill or too bright.
So for those "trebleheads" these aren't for you if you hate having full bodied sound.
With a headphone bass boost amp these bad boys will turn into BASS CANNONS / BASS MONSTERS.
For those used to subdue low end they may find the SQ of this headphones to be on the low end side.
Yet the sound is full spectrum to a point. Some people don't like to hear that much of low end in frequencies.
But it's good to have a headphone reproduce low end frequencies for mixing/mastering.
So you can eliminate or roll off the low end if it's too much.The headphones are comfortable.
They are a good deal right now for under $80 dollars. And it rivals cans that cost close to $150 dollars.
And they sound like a version of the M40X/M50X without subdued mids.
They have a decent soundstage and overall sound is good enough for listening to music and music production and editing.
It's hard to find decent cans for under $80 dollars. These are like $140 dollar set of cans.
I am just glad that CAD Audio decided to not sell them at such a high cost the under $100 dollar market needs good cans.
People aren't wanting to buy a sponsored name brand can that is over inflated in costs. * cough * Beats * cough *.
Anyways, these cans serve multiple purposes. I find them to be way better than my old HD 280 Pros. And better than an M40X.
I'd say they are on par with a M50X but having better mid range and the highs aren't as shrill or overtly bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back