Cables for Sennheiser HDVD 800
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

EvenR

100+ Head-Fier
I'm getting a HDVD 800 for my HD 800's next month and i'm going to be connecting it to my pc via usb, and to my pc's sound card via optical, as i want to add the sound cards suround effects to the HDVD 800 for when i'm watching a movie or playing a game. (I've heard that this is possible, but correct me if i'm wrong)

At the moment i don't have an optical or a usb cable and would like some recommendations, as well as some pointers on how to get the sound card working with the HDVD 800.

The sound card is a  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR.

I was hoping my setup could look something like this:

PC>USB cable>HDVD 800 (connected to ZxR via optical for effects)>CH800S cable>HD 800

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 2
If your in the usa then monoprice is a good place to get cables, as for the setup, your gonna have to use optical from the sound card into the HDVD 800 when you do any gaming while still using the USB when you do any music listening. So that means you can keep the sound card set as the default audio device in windows, while in the music plugin you can set the HDVD 800 as the default device. so all you can just hit the switch on the unit to change between the inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back