cables are placebo
Jun 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 519

goobicii

100+ Head-Fier
yes cable lenght affect impedance but in realistic cable lenghts used to listen with headphones I am highly sceptical that cable could make difference.Is there any blind study that proves a cables change sound?

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 519
anytime I see some post telling impressions with some headphones or amps,and in same post same person tells about how different cables make differnce I take that review with thousand metric tons of salt compared to average two grams 

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 519
What's funny is that the cable deniers don't go out and buy some expensive cables and compare them, they just say "I don't believe in it" and  then try and convince everyone else they are a fool for spending the money.   I've never heard one guy say, I went out and spent $500 per pair on cables and purchased 3 different brands to hear if I heard a difference and I couldn't hear any difference at all.  Not once...

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 519

None of these have any significant effect whatsoever on the signal for the vast majority of audio applications, assuming a moderately normal cable design.

Any significant isn't exactly precise and we're not taking design of the other equipment into consideration.

I would say that with many balanced signal path products there is negligible influence of the cables on the reproduction quality. But those are rarely seen outside professional audio environment.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #11 of 519
  What's funny is that the cable deniers don't go out and buy some expensive cables and compare them, they just say "I don't believe in it" and  then try and convince everyone else they are a fool for spending the money.   I've never heard one guy say, I went out and spent $500 per pair on cables and purchased 3 different brands to hear if I heard a difference and I couldn't hear any difference at all.  Not once...

I bought an expensive interconnect from ALO audio.  I don't believe in it.  It made no audible difference at all to my ears.

There are a few test that have been performed and you can read about some of them in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/769887/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths-the-original-compilation

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #12 of 519

500$ would be excessive, at least in my opinion.

Just make interconnect out of tv antenna cable ( shield as ground) - and tell me you don't hear difference.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #13 of 519

Firstly, they probably have better things to spend $1.5k on than 3 different brands of cable. Secondly, as has often been stated before, the burden of proof lies with those making the claims of difference to provide supporting evidence. It's only a matter of belief for advocates.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #14 of 519
  500$ would be excessive, at least in my opinion.

Just make interconnect out of tv antenna cable ( shield as ground) - and tell me you don't hear difference.

That's the opposite side of excessive...Let's just assume cables that belong to a well-built standard that are fit to be sold.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #15 of 519
Well-built standard? 
OCC copper insulated with teflon? Litz, stranded or solid? Symmetrical, coaxial, anything more fancy?
What constitutes of the well-built standard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back