Cabledirection
May 6, 2002 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JPH

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody!

Today i recieved a new coaxial-digital cable, the "Audio Alchemy Clearstream". Has anybody ever own one of these? Because i kinda wonder which direction the (what i think is the "balanced-to-unbalanced digital signal translator", read from the package) should be? It is sort of a "lump" in one end of the cable. It doesn't tell on the package, and the guy that sold the cable to me didn't know either.
I'm going to use the cable between my cd-player and DA-converter. It's not a very great mystery, but i'd like to know.

Anyone?

May 6, 2002 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Personally, I don't think there will be much of a difference either way.. Most directionality i find is just that the shield is connected only on one side. If this is the case, then the 'shield connected' side will generally be at the source. However, each person's system will respond differently. If you get less noise with it connected 'backwards' then thats all good.

I suggest trying it one way, then the other, then back to the first, and decide which one you like best, if you can detect any difference at all (i doubt you will, but who knows) and then keep it the way you like it.

peace,
phidauex

May 6, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply phidauex!
That is probably what i will do. As you said, i don't think i will hear any difference one way or the other but i sure will try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back