• Effect Audio Eros II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iBasso CB12S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 2, 2018 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yong_shun

1000+ Head-Fier
I am currently using Opus #3 with my Campfire Nova. I find the DAP pairs well with my IEM but I wish to improve the treble extension a little bit while conserving the rich mid and low. I narrowed down my choices of cable to hybrid cable (Copper and Silver). Is it worth to spend few hundred on cable like ALO Audio Ref 8 or Effect Audio Eros II? Or just get iBasso CB12s since it is a hybrid cable as well.

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 4
If you were to ask this question in any other audio hobby (home theater, 2 channel loudspeaker) you would be laughed off the forum. Headphone guys seem to be more open to cable voodoo. Which I guess if there was a difference to be heard, you’d most likely hear it on a good headphone than anything else.

I once bought an ALO interconnect to go between my iPod Classic 5.5 and my headphone amp. It was like $250 and it looked awesome. But I’d be damned if I could not tell the difference between that ALO and my Fiio interconnect. I still have that interconnect too but the 30 pin connector on it has been deemed useless haha.

As for your choices up top, I’d get whichever is cheapest. Seriously.

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 4
If you were to ask this question in any other audio hobby (home theater, 2 channel loudspeaker) you would be laughed off the forum. Headphone guys seem to be more open to cable voodoo. Which I guess if there was a difference to be heard, you’d most likely hear it on a good headphone than anything else.

I once bought an ALO interconnect to go between my iPod Classic 5.5 and my headphone amp. It was like $250 and it looked awesome. But I’d be damned if I could not tell the difference between that ALO and my Fiio interconnect. I still have that interconnect too but the 30 pin connector on it has been deemed useless haha.

As for your choices up top, I’d get whichever is cheapest. Seriously.
Thanks for your constructive input. I think there are still particular reason why they believe in the so-called 'cable-voodoo' else there would not be such a huge demand in upgrade cable manufacturing.

This is going to be another debate. Gosh.

Oct 3, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah like I said, if there is a difference to be heard, a good pair of headphones is definitely where you'd hear it. Or a really super high resolution stereo system. Honestly I probably don't have the best ears to hear such things anyway. Years of childish car audio enthusiasm has basically turned my ears to mush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back