Cable fixing in South Korea
May 28, 2020 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BanC

New Head-Fier
Hi. I moved to Daegu, South Korea some time ago. I have quite some cables that need to be repaired. Specifically I want to change either the connectors (2pin/MMCX) or plug (unbalanced to balanced) or both. Does anyone know someone or shops where I would be able to get my cables repaired? Thanks in advance.

May 29, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Unfortunately I don't know about Daegu but I happen to know the probably best headphone shop in Korea which is Scheherazade ( 셰에라자드 ) in Seoul (29 Dosan-daero 55-gil, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu). Maybe if you call them they could give you a hint where to repair or you can send the cables in :)

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 5
Unfortunately I don't know about Daegu but I happen to know the probably best headphone shop in Korea which is Scheherazade ( 셰에라자드 ) in Seoul (29 Dosan-daero 55-gil, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu). Maybe if you call them they could give you a hint :)
Thanks. I'll try to contact them. Perhaps I could send my cables to them to be repaired.

May 29, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 5
was just my idea :)
Maybe not the cheapest place to get your cables repaired but certainly of higher quality ...

Other than that just try to find some local audio shop in your area and ask them ... soldering cables requires some experience and a calm hand but it's not rocket science :wink:

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 5
was just my idea :)
Maybe not the cheapest place to get your cables repaired but certainly of higher quality ...

Other than that just try to find some local audio shop in your area and ask them ... soldering cables requires some experience and a calm hand but it's not rocket science :wink:

Right. I would prefer to pay a bit more for these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back