C7 cable by PSAUDIO
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

edstrelow

Headphoneus Supremus
PS Audo puts out what may the only power cord upgrade with a C7 plug at the equipment end as part of their "power punch" series. http://www.psaudio.com/products/xstream_power_punch.asp

This is the 2 connector input with a square and circle shape on the end.

You don't find it in too much good equipment but I have an old Pioneer receiver which uses this plug. I had used a couple of cheap PS Audio cables and quite liked the results.

At any rate this cabe; works very well with the Pioneer, giving a marked inprovement in musicality and clarity running a set of smallish Spica speakers.

I ordered them as "seconds" ffom the PSAUDIO website for about $49.00 shipping included. They came with the by now familiar PS overpackaging and there is nothing I can see which makes them look seconds.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 7

ayt999

Headphoneus Supremus
there's always the option of getting an adaptor such as the ones from www.vhaudio.com (although those are quite expensive at $20 each) so you can use any standard upgrade power cable with the C7 socket equipment.

I do like PS Audio cables though... have quite a few Plus power cables in use.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 7

edstrelow

Headphoneus Supremus
The PS Audio price appears to have dropped on their website to $49.99. However the one they sent me for a dollar less included shipped. I was unaware of the Audioquest but I see that it is almost twice the price of the PS Audio.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 7

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow
The PS Audio price appears to have dropped on their website to $49.99. However the one they sent me for a dollar less included shipped. I was unaware of the Audioquest but I see that it is almost twice the price of the PS Audio.

The Audioquest is roughly the same price when the length is comparable. When you click on the link I provided, I believe the first price you see if for a 3 meter cable.

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 7

edstrelow

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
The Audioquest is roughly the same price when the length is comparable. When you click on the link I provided, I believe the first price you see if for a 3 meter cable.

That's probably why PSAUDIO dropped its price!

Sep 28, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 7

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I will be using a Pioneer DV-414 DVD player as a transport to an Entech Number Cruncher 203.2. The Pioneer has a detachable power cable that has a C7 connector. Anyone has experience with either the PS Audio or the Audioquest power cable?

Users who are viewing this thread