c-Jays Review
Aug 17, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #122 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooooh

the V-Jays showed up about 30 min ago

initial impressions are OH HELL YEAH!!!!!! im much happy with the sound these are making, they immediately feel clearer and cleaner than the C-Jays and so much more balanced

Cool! Let them play for some hours and clean your ears and get ready for a fun ride
atsmile.gif

I recommend the song Jambi with Tool. Wham!

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #125 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry never heard of them and spotify doesnt seem to have them either

however everything ive tried so far sounds great on them

Spotify is great! You know you can get 320kbps with the premium account? Tool is no longer within the catalogue as some other artists dropping. Hope they can solve it and give iTunes a fight. You can also see what songs and artist we listen to at our R&D office in our blog up right. It updates everyday automatically
smily_headphones1.gif

And oh.. we just launch a competition with the possibility to win c-JAYS
wink.gif

Jays - Blog

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #128 of 152
Peter,

I am looking for a more compact and portable headphone to replace Ultrasone HFI-780 for outdoor music appreciation using my iPod nano and iBasso P3 headphone amplifier with rolled op-amps.

I listen to wide genres of music such as instrumental, orchestral, country, folk, pop and some rock. While I am satisfied with sound quality of HFI-780 headphone, it is still too big as portable phone when fully folded.

Since v-JAYS was developed after launch of c-JAYS, does it mean it has better design and construction and without pitfalls of c-JAYS ? Between c-JAYS and v-JAYS, which will you recommend for my purpose if price is not a consideration ?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are cheaper than c-JAYS (v-JAYS UK 59.99£) and will be in stores 2-3 weeks from now. If you want a headphone that make you smile and start foot tapping these are hard to beat. I'm sure you will read about that in reviews shortly.

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #129 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by littletree76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter,

I am looking for a more compact and portable headphone to replace Ultrasone HFI-780 for outdoor music appreciation using my iPod nano and iBasso P3 headphone amplifier with rolled op-amps.

I listen to wide genres of music such as instrumental, orchestral, country, folk, pop and some rock. While I am satisfied with sound quality of HFI-780 headphone, it is still too big as portable phone when fully folded.

Since v-JAYS was developed after launch of c-JAYS, does it mean it has better design and construction and without pitfalls of c-JAYS ? Between c-JAYS and v-JAYS, which will you recommend for my purpose if price is not a consideration ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

v-JAYS have a similiar design as you have seen. We have had zero issues with the c-JAYS design so no need for changes on v-JAYS. v-JAYS have a slightly different sound signature meaning it have a bit more groove and bass punch than the c-JAYS which have more details. I'm pretty sure you would enjoy our v-JAYS.

Regards Peter

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #130 of 152
wonder if any full-sizes are coming from Jays. I could only imagine what they look like if they do arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #131 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonder if any full-sizes are coming from Jays. I could only imagine what they look like if they do arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Well.... huge line up of new products coming shortly.
atsmile.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #132 of 152
Look forward to it Peter
biggrin.gif
hmmm wonder is Jays is up for that triple driver battle out there. Haha

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #135 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, the v-jays are good phones. I am currently cueing a review of the v-jay and the ultrasone zino - similarly priced but quite different sounding phones.

The Zino's were by far my biggest dissapointment of 2009. They are hideous things. I got told off by Ultrasone for my review. I was told that: you can't seriousy compre them to the Nuforce UF30 and iCans.

I still love my C-jays, i've got them on now as it happens. I love the AKG 450, HD238, C-Jays and Ultrasone's HFI-15g. In terms of sound the C-jays are really up there. In terms of design & build quality Jays have got the competition licked.

The C-jays are so light and stunningly simple. My Art student collegues lapped them up. I must get around to buying the V-Jays.

As for the sound, I still rate the HFI-15g's, however they do need a small amp to drive them, and the build quality is shakey, hence the need for an epoxy resin repair. The Jays are really stunning i love them, i always will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back