C&C Box+
Jul 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Szat

New Head-Fier
Tried to find any useable information here but nothing..
The box v2 is not regarded to be any good by most, but this is promissed to be an upgraded and better version.
Anyone owns one?

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi -
redface.gif

Yes, but only in theory. I have paid for one, but have recieved no confirmation that the order has even been processed. Even though it has been ages
confused.gif
!

If my order arrives I'll post a review. I used to have a Pav2.

cheers Stephen

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 9
IMHO you get a lot of amp (quality, options and sound) for $109 US!

I do not have a + but rather an XO, C&C makes a decent amp for the money:)

Looking forward to your impressions Deaf!

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 9
I like my C&C Box+.
I think its a great little amp for the price, and well made and good sound also.
People that say the amp sucks are wack.
Everyone has preferences, but honestly i havent heard a bad amp yet. I havent heard every amp out there, but i havent heard any that are unlistenable.
I think youd like it.
There are some people on this forum that have rated it above top amps over $300usd.
I dont know if it is really, but it does a good job.

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #5 of 9
My order (with headb.com) has somehow "vanished", and so has my cash....
confused.gif

I hope paypal can recover my cash, but it's doubtful........

---------=
My funds are done,
My ears are forlorn,
headb.com if you hear me
my faith has gone
=--------

stephen

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like my C&C Box+.
I think its a great little amp for the price, and well made and good sound also.
People that say the amp sucks are wack.
Everyone has preferences, but honestly i havent heard a bad amp yet. I havent heard every amp out there, but i havent heard any that are unlistenable.
I think youd like it.
There are some people on this forum that have rated it above top amps over $300usd.
I dont know if it is really, but it does a good job.

Can you describe the sound in a few words?

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 9
Clear, fairly neutral without bass boost or stereo enhancement on, can drive most phones decent, but you may want a more powerful amp for large ,hard to drive home phones.
Really from portable to portable amps in comparison from $100-$250, there isnt a MAJOR difference anyway.
There are differences , but dont expect them to be totally different on every headphone. Sometimes you have to listen for differences a bit.
Sometimes people totally exagerate the differences between amps etc.

For $109, its a nice amp, well built, small, cute, good features, rechargeable, lasts over 70 something hours on a charge in most cases.
Sometimes i notice differences between all my portable amps,, and on some songs with some phones, its hard to tell.

Really i can babble on and on, and you can also listen to everyone elses babble and bullcrap, and learn absolutely nothing about anything on this forum until you listen for yourself.

Someone will say they think an amp sounds one way, and ill disagree totally.

Look at the Allesandro's. Some people say theyre warmer, some say they got more highs. People cant agree. Its freeking rediculous. They either have more highs than Grado's, or they dont!!!

All i can say is, try it. I like the amp for the price. Its not the be all end all, and its not super ultra special or anything, but it does the job, and its a quality amp for the money that id recommend and not be embarrassed by, and im sure many people would buy it, be happy enough, and stop right there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really i can babble on and on, and you can also listen to everyone elses babble and bullcrap, and learn absolutely nothing about anything on this forum until you listen for yourself.

Someone will say they think an amp sounds one way, and ill disagree totally.

I totally agree with you here. Out of 3 earphones I had to return one (the first I bought) because I simply could not stand the way it sounded, though there was a lot of positive reviews about them (here and elsewhere).
My first amp (other than a DIY Cmoy amp), I had to return and I only saw positive comments on them here.
I was lucky so far (I got refunded both times), but the fact that you can't listen to these products in ordinary shops before buying them makes every purchase like a game of roulette (I guess it will get better with experience though).
I don't blame anyone though, because when I'll find something I really like I will probably do the same (unintentionally).
So yes, it's true, the road to hell is paved with goodwill.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #9 of 9
I have no problem recomending the amp to beginners though.
I like the amp really. I dont think there are crazy differences between most portable amps anyway.
Some difference,yes.....but not night and day really.
One of the cheapest amps i got is rated very low on Skylabs review here on headfi.....the Xtra x1 pro.
It opens up dark phones better than anything though really.
Although my Portaphiles have more texture really, theyre a bit warmer than the xtra, so its not that great with something like the dark Senn' PX100,,,but the xtra wakes them up.
Half of the game is synergy.
Its hard to just say, as a blanket statement, that X-amp is definately better than Y-amp , until testing it with many sources, headphones, etc.
And yet again, preference creeps into your opinion also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back