Bye Bye Tidal
Sep 6, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 21
Qobuz is the standard for classical — Idagio if you live in the EU. You can read my rave review to learn more about my Tidal feelings.

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 21
After 2 years I just un subscribed. Feels so much better. Anyone else?

For me it was just waay too much great music missing. No Tool, Soundgarden, Pete Gabriel.

Not trying to an apologist for Tidal (they deserve a lot of the criticism they get); but I could easily find Soundgarden and Peter Gabriel on Tidal. Tool, well: They have refused to be on any streaming service. King Crimson is another one; there's only a handful of live albums. Lots of other artists have incomplete discographies. That's why I refuse to let go of my CD's, even though I use Tidal A LOT.

So I get your sentiment :wink:

Edit: speeling

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 21
They seem to be dropping a lot of stuff they once had. I went looking for Emerson Lake and Palmer the other day and it wasn't there anymore. I listen to a lot of 70s artists, and I notice they seem to be dropping those. I wish they had a CD quality competitor in the US. Especially if that competitor had a wide and deep selection of classical. And I don't see why I have to have a hip hop artist homepage. Seems to me I should be able to tailor it for what I like and listen to.

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 21
WhatHifi published a nice overview and test about streaming services in their last edition.

E91082_A5_2_A2_F_4_D20_923_F_4269_EAB46_A42.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 21
Looking at the smartphone and speaker setup they used. I personally do not put a whole lot of stock in that review. I liked Tidal at first but the more I dug into it the more I was disappointed.
WhatHifi published a nice overview and test about streaming services in their last edition.

E91082_A5_2_A2_F_4_D20_923_F_4269_EAB46_A42.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 21
They seem to be dropping a lot of stuff they once had. I went looking for Emerson Lake and Palmer the other day and it wasn't there anymore. I listen to a lot of 70s artists, and I notice they seem to be dropping those. I wish they had a CD quality competitor in the US. Especially if that competitor had a wide and deep selection of classical. And I don't see why I have to have a hip hop artist homepage. Seems to me I should be able to tailor it for what I like and listen to.

Ten to twenty years ago I would have loved a rap/hip-hop page. Today rap and hip-hop are so dumbed down and synthesized I see Zero reason to make it high-res. Arianna, Rhianna, Post, Khaled make elevator music not timeless classics. Beyond sad times we live in as far as that genre is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back