Bye Bye Boris the Spider....
Jun 28, 2002 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

erix

500+ Head-Fier
From the Las Vegas Review Journal:

Bassist for The Who found dead in hotel room
Clark County Coroner Ron Flud has confirmed that John Entwistle, the 57-year-old bassist for The Who, was discovered dead today in his hotel room at the Hard Rock Hotel. There is nothing to suggest foul play. His family has been notified. The legendary bassist was discovered in his bed.

The Who had been scheduled to kick off its tour at the Joint at the Hard Rock Friday night; the show has been canceled. In one of his final interviews, the bassist talked about how his music developed in his decades with The Who. "If you sense you're stuck in a rut, then you'll get out of it. If you don't realize you're in a rut, you'll play the same thing again and again."
Updated 5:15 p.m.

ok,
erix

Jun 28, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 4
RIP John Entwistle

I was absolutely gutted when I heard the news this morning. Thw WHO have long been favourites of mine.

It seems that we have lost quite a number of legendary musicians in the past year or so.

1080844.jpg

This from the www.sky.com website

The Who Legend Found Dead

The Who's bass guitarist John Entwistle has been found dead in Las Vegas where the band was due to kick off their US tour.

The cause of the 57-year-old's death is not yet known.

A spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office said the musician was found dead in a hotel.

Entwistle's next-of-kin have been informed and a post-mortem is due to be held.

Band-mates

The legendary band's tour was due to kick off on Friday at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.

The two-month tour was to take in venues in various states including New York, California, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado and Texas before finishing up in Cleveland, Ohio on September 27.

It is not yet known if the tour will continue without Entwistle, who died at the hotel where the band was set to appear.

Born in October 1944, Entwistle also played the French horn for The Who alongside band-mates Roger Daltrey, Pete Townsend and the late Keith Moon.

'Devastating'

Chiswick-born Entwistle also toured with a band of his own, The John Entwistle Band, and was a talented artist.

He was due to open a show featuring his work at Grammy's Art of Music Gallery in Las Vegas.

The gallery's assistant manager Diana Tabor said staff and fans were in a state of shock.

"I'm emotionally distraught just now, it's just devastating. I just had to break the news to a client who broke down in tears," she said.

Ms Tabor said there had been rumours throughout the day that Entwistle had died, saying: "We have heard that he died of a heart attack."

She said Entwistle's art included cartoon-type portraits of himself and his fellow band members and that he was due to unveil a new picture featuring rock stars including Jimmy Hendrix and Eric Clapton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back