Bybee/Curl pro power purifier conditioner, does anyone use it???
Jul 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
can anyone give me some reviews about this conditioner?
will this one improve my gear's sound which is currently plugged into a cheap outlet strip 13$(this strip will connect directly to power outlet on the wall)?
how much is for the new one? and for the used one?

thanks a lot

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 5
...did someone say Bybee???

83106708-61b4-45ba-8960-baaac27e3add.Large.bmp

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 5
I've used Bybee a few times and in a few places: AC Cord and conditioner, RCA "bullets," and online speaker bullets. To me, they DID make a difference, for the better in all cases: slightly smoother mids and highs, more image focus and placement (of instrumnets/voice in the soundstage).

The AC products seemed to work best for me. I used to use one of the Pro units (I believe that's the right one; Analog and Digital sides, mutliple outlets, may have ben the Signature version). I've seen them go from $400-$600 used, depending on condition.

Worth it? Maybe, maybe not; the units they sell now are WAY overpriced for my taste. I DID end up selling mine (for $475). But they did benefit the music IMO.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used Bybee a few times and in a few places: AC Cord and conditioner, RCA "bullets," and online speaker bullets. To me, they DID make a difference, for the better in all cases: slightly smoother mids and highs, more image focus and placement (of instrumnets/voice in the soundstage).

The AC products seemed to work best for me. I used to use one of the Pro units (I believe that's the right one; Analog and Digital sides, mutliple outlets, may have ben the Signature version). I've seen them go from $400-$600 used, depending on condition.

Worth it? Maybe, maybe not; the units they sell now are WAY overpriced for my taste. I DID end up selling mine (for $475). But they did benefit the music IMO.

thanks for your information.
so i can plug any gears into the Bybee power conditioner right(110V headphone amplifier and 220V headphone amplifier)? or only 110V

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphone_speaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for your information.
so i can plug any gears into the Bybee power conditioner right(110V headphone amplifier and 220V headphone amplifier)? or only 110V

I'm almost positive it would be for one voltage only, though I'm sure they made versions for 220/240 as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back