Byay.net?
Nov 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

hellspare

New Head-Fier
Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but does this look like a legit site?

http://www.byay.net/audio-technica-m50s-headphones-p-289.html

30 bucks cheaper than even ebay sellers.

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 18
wow, this website cannot be anymore worst.  search engine doesn't work and prices are way below normal.  I agree with Aizura. Look at the senn IE8 and esw9 price.

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 18
From their "About Us" link:

Quote:
is a Factory-Direct e-Commerce platform based in Hong Kong. We have served more than half a million consumers all over the world since 2005. More than 15,000 visitors browse our products online each day.

Directly linked with over 100 factories in China, this is your avenue to steal a bargain right on the shop floor of a factory.

A solid team of dedicated professional managers and staff has been developing and operating this online store platform.

How Do We Do It

Latest products brought to you directly from our factories in Asia
No traditional distribution costs incurred
No unnecessary advertising expenses
No expensive retail store costs

So, they are a Hong Kong based e-commerce site.  From the other thread about dealing with a China-based online store and comments in general about the service from such sites, it's dubious-at-best what you'll get for your money.

They say 30-day money back guarantee, but if something goes wrong with the transaction, who are you going to complain to and get results?  Certainly no one in the U.S.

EDIT:  Furthermore, even their quoted US list price of $90.98 for those particular headphones is quite lower than the normal "sale price" of US sellers.  You'd think they would do something like quote the actual MSRP of $199 for the MH50.

I would recommend you spend the extra $30 or so for those headphones and buy from a more reputable site closer to where you live.

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #5 of 18
sometime I think people knows the answer to their question deep down in their gut, but are looking at those unreasonable price too long.

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 18

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but does this look like a legit site?

30 bucks cheaper than even ebay sellers.

Lol look like to a "Fake Compilation", all the headphone from this site are Fake, they're all here... :)

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 18
yeah when it's cheaper than ebay, you know something is wrong. :)

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:

The prices for their "Sennheiser" IEMs are about the same I've seen elsewhere for counterfeit Sennheiser IEMs. Similarly, their batteries and power bricks for Apple gear are standard prices for counterfeits. So while I don't know from Audio Technica gear, I'd suspect it's not legit either.

On the other hand they're selling Sennheiser Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, and how often do you see that? They're not as good as my guaranteed 2,000% genuine Beyerdynamic Monster AKG Beats by Dr. Bose, though.

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #11 of 18
FRAUDS! Stay away from this company.  I ordered a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s from them for $70 and thought I got a great deal.  Unfortunately, it is a month later and I still haven't received them.  This is what the tracking information has said for the past 25 days:

Your item left SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP on December 03, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Unfortunately, I believe this overseas company produces knockoff headphones in their China-based factory and advertises them as an authentic item.  I messaged byay.net once regarding this issue and received no reply.  Since they use Paypal for payment, and my money was already sent to them, I decided to make a dispute claim via paypal, whereupon I mentioned both that I have not received the headphones, and that I believe they sell counterfeit merchandise.  This was the reply sent by byay.net:

Dear Friends:
We contacted the shipping company and customs.
They said:
Recently, Customs Cargo accumulated very much. Waiting for the shipping arrangements.
Therefore, the order may be late a few days.
Please be patient and wait for a few days.
If you do not want to accept it,
Please send it back to us after it arrives.
We refund your money,
And pay shipping to send it back.
Thanks very much!
Best Regards!

Notice they didn't address my inquiry about them selling counterfeit products. 
Do yourself a favor and do not make the same mistake I made. Stay away from byay.net.  I paid a few bucks more and bought the audio technica headphones from an authorized US retailer.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #14 of 18
I registered on this forum just to warn people about byay.net.  I also ordered a pair of Audio Technica ATH M-50 based on the good reviews.  I received the fake pair first and tried listening and hoped that they would sound better as time went by.

I was skeptical, so I also ordered a new pair from an authorized dealer (UniqueSquared) through ebay..  Needless to say when I compared the ones from byay.net to the authentic pair, the authentic pair was worthy of the good reviews, the fake pair were well...crap.  I even tried the "burn in" technique and they still sounded like crap and completely different from the authentic pair, the most notable difference was the bass, also the build quality of the fakes were pretty good, but the joints weren't as smooth as the real pair.  I contacted byay.net to ask for an RMA for a refund, if all else fails I will file buyer protection through paypal.

The saying "if it's too good to be true..." really is fact.  I hope all those who fell prey to this company will buy a real pair of ATH M-50's and return these to the company for a refund. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 18
Just got my Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 headphones from Byay.net.  It took about two months to get them in the mail and they are counterfeits.  No packaging, copper coils, the "Right" and "Left" fonts are slightly different from the real deals, the "bump" where the wire enters the cans is not present, the print quality on the wood (it appears to be real wood) is low and they sound a little too bassy and muddy.  This can be remedied somewhat by equalization.  All-in-all, pretty nice fakes but not worth the $75.  So yeah... byay.net sells fakes and it takes forever for your stuff to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back