Type
Wanted
Currency
USD
Price
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 28

AVU

500+ Head-Fier
That is one hell of a beautiful looking marble table!  

Is that the famous Breche De Vendome Marble from the French Pyrenees like they use in Versailles and all the Italian cathedrals?

just kidding around - good luck finding this.  It's a great dac/amp!

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 28

superliu

Head-Fier
Hey, I got one purchased one year ago. it's fully functioned and cosmetically perfect except if you use it's own amp, you could hear a small hiss while turning (no hiss as dac & stop turning the knob). 
What do you offer?

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 28

idruke

100+ Head-Fier

Quote:
Hey, I got one purchased one year ago. it's fully functioned and cosmetically perfect except if you use it's own amp, you could hear a small hiss while turning (no hiss as dac & stop turning the knob). 
What do you offer?

So you are saying it only hisses when turning the volume knob? I have no experience with this problem. Is it fixable, is it common?

Thanks for your reply to my post,

Ian

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 28

AVU

500+ Head-Fier

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement! What headphones do you use yours with?

I actually sold mine a bit back, but I had used it with the JH13 Pros.  I think it's an absolutely incredible value - better than pretty much anything in its price class. My one issue was that I found myself constantly moving between the high and low impedance outputs - the high impedance had richer bass presence, but was slightly muddy, the low impedance had better clarity and detail, but was a bit too thin.  When I used it as a DAC only - and fed a Pico Slim - it was perfect.  All this says to me is what most reviewers have already said - it's a really good dac with a decent amp onboard.  I think for most full sized headphones it would be perfect, but for IEMs, I think it was just a little off.  For iems, in the same price range, I'd probably go with the centrance dacport, though I wouldn't use the dacport to try to drive full sized headphones. 

hope any of that helps!

best,
avu

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 28

idruke

100+ Head-Fier

Thanks this is all good to know. My headphones as of right now are a hd600 and ue tf10. So I will probably be using it more with the sennheisers if I have the same impressions as you with IEMs.
Do you still have yours?
Quote:
I actually sold mine a bit back, but I had used it with the JH13 Pros.  I think it's an absolutely incredible value - better than pretty much anything in its price class. My one issue was that I found myself constantly moving between the high and low impedance outputs - the high impedance had richer bass presence, but was slightly muddy, the low impedance had better clarity and detail, but was a bit too thin.  When I used it as a DAC only - and fed a Pico Slim - it was perfect.  All this says to me is what most reviewers have already said - it's a really good dac with a decent amp onboard.  I think for most full sized headphones it would be perfect, but for IEMs, I think it was just a little off.  For iems, in the same price range, I'd probably go with the centrance dacport, though I wouldn't use the dacport to try to drive full sized headphones. 

hope any of that helps!

best,
avu

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 28

AVU

500+ Head-Fier
I still have the JH13s, but sold the D100 for a good deal on a Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac.  Since you also need an amp, it's really in a whole other price bracket. As to whether it's worth the difference, who's to say.  Both are good deals at their respective prices, I think.  

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #11 of 28

jgonino

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a d100 sitting a my desk at work that i bought new a year ago. PM me if interested, seems to still be working just fine. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread