Buying Ultimate Ears in Canada?
Nov 30, 2008 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lphoenixl

New Head-Fier
Hi, I was wondering if there were any retail stores in Canada that sell Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3. I've searched generic stores like bestbuy/futureshop/walmart etc.. but they do not seem to carry them. I live in Toronto area so if anyone knows a place where I can get these, help would be appreciated. Thanks

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 16
Any help?
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 16
Hi there!
smily_headphones1.gif
There are three stores that I know about in Toronto that sell Ultimate Ears IEMs . - BeamEcho, Moog Audio and Steve's Music Store All of them are located in the GTA. Prices are pretty damn high there though. Actually, Moog Audio doesn't carry UE, but it carries UE clones - M-Audio - IEMs instead, as does Steve's Music Store. Actually Steve's store doesn't really carry many other 'phones - just a few inexpensive closed-back studio monitors like Sony MDR-7506 and that's about it. Moog Audio and BeamEcho on the other hand, carry some other nice IEMs and full-sized cans that you might wanna check out. They will also let you demo the 'phones at both stores, although the stuff at BeamEcho may be a bit hesitant to let you listen to their full-sized cans, while the stuff at Moog Audio won't let you listen to their canalphones and IEMs, but will gladly open up any full-sized ones for you.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 16
I live in Western Canada. I ended up getting my UE's thru ecost.com which at the time had a really good price on them. For tips and extra cables (they do wear out over time) I simply order through UE themselves in Irvine, Ca. Give them a call tho' because they'll ship for much less than what they charge on their website!

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lphoenixl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks alot for the help. I might check it out at BeamEcho considering the other two stores don't hold the original UEs.

M-Audio IEMs are just rebranded versions of UE IEMs with the only difference being colour and one year less of warranty on the M-Audio. I guess the warranty is a strong enough reason to get the UEs, but M-Audio IE30 (rebranded Super.fi 5 Pro) does cost $40 less at Moog Audio then UE SF 5 Pro at BeamEcho the last time I checked ($249 vs. $289). Also, the Triple.fis can only be bought from Moog Audio as M-Audio IE40s (will cost you $399).

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #14 of 16
I don't know if either exists out East but Long & McQuade and Axe Music (both music stores) sell M-Audio branded UE stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back