Buying The Sizzle??? (HE90 Takes the crown)
Apr 27, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #76 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
Well, they are currently claiming the AKG K701 is the best dynamic headphone, so it's obvious they aren't being paid by Sennheiser.

Definitely.

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #77 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I believe you took the post out of context. Headroom DOES use Senns to voice their amps, what they don't do is make amps FOR Sennheiser corps. They also use special equipment provided by Sennheiser. It is also no secret that Headroom (or specifically Tyll) has for a long time, prefered Senns (or at least HD600 and now 650) over pretty well all other phones. The HD650/Blockhead combo being prefered over the Big O at times.

Again, no longer true. The had a set of modules that worked absolutely beautifully with 580/600/650's, and reworked them due to their not performing equally well with lower impedence, higher current headphones such as Grado's, IEM's and K701's. It's OT, but deserves clarification.

Apr 27, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Interesting thread. I'll have to read it more carefully later. (I've skimmed only pages 1 and 4.) Oh, so why am I posting? To answer the original question. My deep, well thought out and technical answer is: the HE90's are better than the Omega II's. That's what I'm hearing anyway, comparing them side by side, and independent of source or amp. This is my conclusion after repeated exposure to said stimuli.

My feeling as well to a degree. It's just that I don't care about an album into the HE90 "experience". I'd rather rip it off and switch to speakers or rush towards the O2's.

Apr 28, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #80 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
My feeling as well to a degree. It's just that I don't care about an album into the HE90 "experience". I'd rather rip it off and switch to speakers or rush towards the O2's.

Because of the comfort issues, right?
confused.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #81 of 87
Bangraman,you must have one of the largest heads in captivity!My HE90's are so comfortable,almost too loose,but not quite.I don't have a large head at all,but the earpads feel like pillows.So,for you to be compressing the pads as to make them feel so terrible,WOW!Gary.

Apr 28, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #83 of 87
Lol! I too find the HE90's comfortable, but I notice their weight after some time. It doesn't detract from the comfort, but it does bring my attention to the headphone when swaying my head.
wink.gif

The HE60's while not immedietely as comfortable, tend to disappear easier for me.

May 3, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #85 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
Bangraman,you must have one of the largest heads in captivity!My HE90's are so comfortable,almost too loose,but not quite.I don't have a large head at all,but the earpads feel like pillows.So,for you to be compressing the pads as to make them feel so terrible,WOW!Gary.

Almost too loose? Jeez.

Check that avatar. If you look at meet photos, you'll see the R10/CD3000 'floating' on most people's heads. On my noggin the rigid upper headband sits on my head like a recalcitrant stone. The K701 is a bit too small too but it looks like I can brute force the headband stops upwards.

Yeah my head is big. It's all that brain.

May 3, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #86 of 87
Well I'm a drummer,so when I say "too loose" it's with regard to me banging on things as I listen.I find the tight grip of the 650's much more conducive to my listening style.I have a pretty small head though,so I have to tighten the HE90's up a bit for a good grip.Too bad they didn't work out for you and sorry about the big head crack.Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back