Buying the Ath es7's
Jan 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

YeNotGuilty

New Head-Fier
Hey, sorry if I sound noob as this being my first post.
I have been looking around at many of the threads related to the type of music I listen to (Techno, Trance, etc) and it seems like for my $100 or so budget, I decided that the Ath es7's seemed to be a pretty good set of headphones for me. Now That I'm pretty set on buying them I had to ask if you guys know a trustable ebay listing or somewhere else that I can trust to buy them because I was reading around how there seems to be a lot of fakes and knockoffs for these.

Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, but I'd love any help you guys can give me, thanks.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 14
Not sure if I can help but I just bought these (waiting for delivery). I dont listen to techno or trance, but I used to have a pair of ath-fc7's (similar) and really enjoyed them. These are supposed to be better again (the es7's) and sell really well here in Australia. Based on the good reviews and the good price, I don't think you can go wrong.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 14
Yeah I'm pretty sold on them, they seem to fit my needs fairly well, I just don't want to get suckered and buy a fake pair haha >.<

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 14
Watch out for ones that go under <$100. Hell, I'd say <$130 to be safe. If the seller provides pics, look for a gold plated connector and a blank AT man-purse with a black audio-technica tab on the side (no logo on the center of the bag).

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 14
I think there used to be a guy called "ubuycheap" or something that sells original ES7 on ebay. I can't remember 100% though.

You can also buy via audiocubes, jaben or bluetin which will be 100% original for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 14
Thanks for helping me out, I think I will go with them. One LAST question though :p. Would the a700s be any better for techno or is it better to stick with the es7's?

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 14
comfort wise, not sure about the es7's. maybe a700's would be more comfortable. i know many people have talked about the comfort on the es7's being pretty good. but for me, horrible. i didnt think i would be one of the few ppl who thought they were uncomfortable but i was. it might be the same for u. but u never know, most ppl like em. sound wise, i thought they were great, its the comfort that made me sell them

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #11 of 14
Ok so Im going to trust that beachcamera.com website. Any reason why the white ones are $5 cheaper and dont have a product description though?

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 14
prolly just cuz there not as popular as the black ones. its pretty common for electronics to have different prices based on color if one color is selling less, they prolly lower the price so ppl would buy that one more.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #13 of 14
Yeah I guess that makes sense. Do you think an amp under $100 would do any significant changes to the es7s? Or would I be fine without one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back