buying sony mdr-v6/7506?
Jun 8, 2002 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mkawa

New Head-Fier
Well, I've been looking for a place to order a pair of sony v6 or the 7506s online. Around when I bought my alessandro ms1s, it seemed the best/cheapest source of v6s was jandr. Unfortunately, it seems they're not listed anymore
frown.gif

So, I have searched the forums (here and headwize) and checked the usual shopping search engines, and it seems there are a couple of places at which these can be bought. etronics, which seems to be out of stock (permanently?), shopping.yahoo.com, and according to forum reports, fry's (fremont), which is about an hour away and i've never actually seen them there, despite having looked once.

The two stores with the lowest price on shopping.yahoo.com are shopsunshine.com and cyber discount warehouse. I was all set to order from one of the two, when I noticed that they had the same contact address. Not only that, but all the phone numbers are the same. The prices are, however, different. I don't understand this. They seem to be the cheapest place to buy at ~60$, but it seems extremely shady for a single company to have two separate nonaffiliated online storefronts. not to mention neither is listed on resellerratings. djmart, which people seem to recommend, is 80, fry's is 80, etronics is 90 (for the 7506).

Anyways, this was kind of wordy (sorry), but has anyone dealt with either of the two (or one as it may) companies? I'd really like to pay the 60, but this is a birthday present and I'd rather not have any kind of trouble with the ordering or the receiving or the possible returning or all that.

Alternatively, if anyone's been to fry's and seen these headphones, where are they? I think it was here I read of people having tried these at fry's.

Alternatively (2), I'm open to possibly more obtainable suggestions that are closed, sturdy (extremely sturdy preferrably) and around the same price range.

Thanks if any can help
-m

Jun 8, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 6
I ordered my V6 from Cyber Discount Warehouse a few weeks ago with no problems. They have the lowest price on the net at $61.59 shipped. I didn't notice that they have the same contacts as Sunshine Electronics, but now that you mention it, my receipt says Sunshine Electronics/Cyber Discount Warehouse.com on it. But anyway, I had no problems. They shipped quickly and I got them in perfect shape.

And, yep, I'd say the V6 are the way to go for a good, sturdy closed can. You'll probably get some recommendations for the Sennheiser HD280 too, but they're quite a bit more expensive and some still prefer the V6. I'm perfectly happy with my V6.

kerelybonto

Jun 8, 2002 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

And, yep, I'd say the V6 are the way to go for a good, sturdy closed can. You'll probably get some recommendations for the Sennheiser HD280 too, but they're quite a bit more expensive and some still prefer the V6. I'm perfectly happy with my V6.

kerelybonto

I wouldn't call $20 "quite a bit more expensive"...

Sennheiser HD 280 Pros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back