Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,536 of 5,364
Hello, for christmas i received beats tours but they seem to have stopped working. I really liked them although a lot of people don't seem too, any suggestions for what to replace them with?I mostly listen to dubstep/techno/hip-hop and have a budget of around $100 or a bit more if they're worth it.If.Good looking ones would be a plus.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2,537 of 5,364
Ok I'm new here and I would not consider myself an audiophile, so I might need a little help. Currently I own Klipsch S4i's but they are breaking on me. As a replacement I am looking to buy some IEM's that have strong bass, at the same time good mids and highs. So far I have found the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77, Atrio MG7, and Sony XB90EX. I need help narrowing it down to just one. However, if you have a better suggestion let me know. My budget is $150.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #2,538 of 5,364
First of hello head-fi'ers,

Just like to ask do you think its worth it to buy a pair of ATH-M50s even though I already have a pair of akg 450s, would there be that much of a difference in sound quality when being used for music only?

P.S Ordered 2 pair of monoprice 8320 after reading some reviews on this site cant wait for em!!

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #2,540 of 5,364
My mee 31 ceramics finally bit the dust. I'm completely satisfied with my JVC HA-S500's, but I need a good IEM counterpart for times when cans just aren't ideal. Walking around campus, sleeping, ect.

Durability is a major concern, as is comfort and obviously sound. 

Budget ~$50

Music I listen to spans a lot of genres. Hip hop, electronic, classic rock, folk and a few other genres. 

Any good all-arounder for my price range? 

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2,541 of 5,364
I'm looking for an IEM with good soundstage, quality vocals and an airy presentation with as much micro detail as possible.  I like classic rock, blues, jazz, classical, and generally speaking prefer natural instruments for this set.

RE-0 I can find for $79
RE-ZERO I can find for $59

I know these have been popular but I continuously find conflicting information on these forums and it makes it hard for me to have an informed opinion.

Does anyone else have any recommendations?  I'm trying to keep it under $100, FWIW.  But please any thoughts are welcome.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2,542 of 5,364
i going to try this again, cause my recent purchase of the HDJ-2000 from pioneer did actually rock my boat. I had the chance to listen to the logitech ue 6000 and didnt care for the sound quality. I didnt feel the bass and they didnt get loud enough.

This is what im looking for...

1. Music type-rap and r&b
2. Price-under $200
3. Source-Galaxy Note 2
4. Additional options-
 Removal cord
 Clarity
 Deep punchy bass
 Ability to play loud without amp but improve with a fiio e6 or e11

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #2,543 of 5,364
Out of the following:

Vsonic GR06
RE-Zero
ViSang R03
Thinksound TS02+Mic
Thinksound MS01

Which would you say is the superior IEM? I'm edging towards the GR06, but I hear the soundstage is better on the Thinksounds...

I'm trying to replace/substitute my pair of Shure SRH840s that I'm used to carrying around. They've gotten a bit too cumbersome for me as of late...

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2,544 of 5,364
Hi all, I'm am a new real person, i need someone to go back to page 165 find question and help me answer it because i can not get headphones without answering that question?? please be good steward and at least give me a review i saw many get their questions answered but I'm left out in the cold...

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2,546 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi all, I'm seeking a high quality pair of IEMs for the gym (mostly weights, not running, although if suitable for running they would be used instead of my current crappy, but good for running gym ones!).  Budget £100-£200.  I listen to trance, progressive house, house and hip-hop and I love bass.  Outside the gym I have Ultrasone Pro-900's and love them to pieces.

I was considering the Shure SE 215's; Senheiser IE80 and the Sony XBA 3ip.  Would appreciate your feedback on which of these would be the most bassy headphones, ideally ones that do not sacrifice the rest of the sound range.  Open to other suggestions, but ideally IEMs that are easy to obtain in the UK.

OK, so today is payday, so I go to order the SE 215's and notice there is a deal on with the SE 425 and an even better one on the Klipsch X10.  What are people's views on these headphones?  If the quality is significantly better than SE 215's, but bass is short, I was thinking of using the Fiio E06 with them.

I guess now I want decent bass AND the higher definition!

Appreciate any advice.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #2,547 of 5,364
What would you people say an upgrade path from the RE62 was?

Specifically, the focal point of the 262 was definately the mids and I grew to love the minimal amount of bass. Where would I go next if I wanted to retain those very forward and prominent mids but gain a little more clarity and detail?

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #2,548 of 5,364
The problem about making a thread about suggestions is that there are sooo many different scenarios.

Solution: Make a subforum inside of this one that everyone can post their querys about buying new headphones.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #2,549 of 5,364
It's not an issue with scenarios, it's an issue with the veterans who deemed it necessary to clean up the suggestion threads not actually reading and supporting the thread.  I don't blame them, I just mean to say that the only way a single suggestion thread can work is if people with insight visit it regularly and post opinions.

Edit: though I agree, either heavily moderate the individual threads so they are archived once answered or create a subforum.  Though i see the subforum experiencing the same problem as the single thread, a lack of attention.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2,550 of 5,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to own an ATH M50 until 2 months ago. I sold them because they were giving me headaches. I loved using them for movies mostly, but also for music.
I am looking for an IEM that isn't worse in terms of details, but it doesn't have to have the same signature. I think the M50 are relatively flat (neutral) sounding, so maybe something of this kind?
Budget is up to 120 USD (shipping included).

Headaches because of the clamping force?  Etymotics HF5?  Shure SE215 for a bit more bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingyuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just like to ask do you think its worth it to buy a pair of ATH-M50s even though I already have a pair of akg 450s, would there be that much of a difference in sound quality when being used for music only?
P.S Ordered 2 pair of monoprice 8320 after reading some reviews on this site cant wait for em!!

I have the K450s and have auditioned the M50s extensively.  The M50 is a big upgrade, both in size of the headphone and quality across the range.  You'll notice a big difference.
Also have the 8320s, enjo

Quote:
i going to try this again, cause my recent purchase of the HDJ-2000 from pioneer did actually rock my boat. I had the chance to listen to the logitech ue 6000 and didnt care for the sound quality. I didnt feel the bass and they didnt get loud enough.

This is what im looking for...

1. Music type-rap and r&b
2. Price-under $200
3. Source-Galaxy Note 2
4. Additional options-
 Removal cord
 Clarity
 Deep punchy bass
 Ability to play loud without amp but improve with a fiio e6 or e11

Wow if you think the UE6000 doesn't have enough bass, then you are a bass head!  Sony XB500 for you, my friend.  <$50 if you can still find them, and let us know what you think of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back