Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 6, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #2,281 of 5,364
Hey, I'm planning to buy 2nd-hand IEM from e-earphone (Japan), and even though they seem to be trustworthy, some reassurance would be nice.

So, anyone had 2nd hand transaction with them before? Are they reliable with warranty/customer services?

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #2,282 of 5,364
Need help :) I want to re-cable my Sony MH1C
smily_headphones1.gif
 Any recommendation on where and who can take the job ?

Cheers
Wong

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #2,285 of 5,364
I own Klipsch S2 earphones, and am looking to step to earphones in the $100 to $150 price range. Is the Klipsch S4 enough of a step up that I would notice a difference, or are there others I should consider?

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #2,287 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey, I'm planning to buy 2nd-hand IEM from e-earphone (Japan), and even though they seem to be trustworthy, some reassurance would be nice.

So, anyone had 2nd hand transaction with them before? Are they reliable with warranty/customer services?

I bought a PortaPro from them for JPY2000 and a Piano Forte for JPY1000.  Both worked when I tested them at the store (which I recommend doing before you buy them), and both continue to work today, a few months later.  They do back it with a warranty.  I don't understand Japanese so I don't know how long that warranty is, though I am some 5000miles away from the store now... nice store, helpful staff (when you don't speak japanese anyways).  But the PortaPro has a limited lifetime warranty from Koss anyways so it didn't matter.

What struck me about the store was not just the piles and piles of headphoens everywhere, but that there was a girl that just went around and wiped every demo IEM tip constantly.  Great deals in their 2nd hand section.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2,288 of 5,364
I put an order for FitEar F111 on their website, which will arrive in 3 days. I would love to test it first, but that's not an option for me at the moment since I don't live in Tokyo where they have it on display in their Akihabara store. Was just asking around for reassurances since this is the first time I buy 2nd hand goods from them, although I bought stuffs from them in the past and generally have no problem with their service.

It's just that I'm ALWAYS overly careful about 2nd-hand dealings no matter what

Last time I went there it's exactly as you described it, though, with the IEM cleaning and display wiping actions, and I guess if anything that's a good indication of their earnestness in doing business. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #2,290 of 5,364
Hey guys Ive decided that Im going to buy a pair of On-Ear style headphones for portability, to be worn while on the bus/travelling around town. Unfortunately I am attempting to save my money to buy a new laptop, so my budget is gonna have to stay at below $100. 

I listen to mostly dubstep, some metal and rock mixed in with a bit of country and other random genres. 

Ive already looked a lot into the Noontec Zoro, I like the removable cable a lot, enables me to use my V-MODA cables with them to get the control talk features. The folding/overall portability is also to my liking, but I do not like the soft pouch style case they come with. If Anything I can probably just put them in my LP2 case and it should work fine, but if there is a similar headphone that comes with a hard case I would like to see it.

Open to suggestions, please.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,291 of 5,364
Bump for help. I wish to order something today, sorry for being so persistent...

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #2,292 of 5,364
Bump for help. I wish to order something today, sorry for being so persistent...
I think there are just not a lot of options in that price range with your criteria. Spending the extra bucks to get an HD25-1 II would be worth it for me since you will have them for years to come. They are durable. Even the amperior was 170 on vminnovations a couple days ago refurbished.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2,293 of 5,364
Ya, I would go for something like the HD25-1 II, or even some V-MODA M80s, but that would defeat my idea of having semi-cheap portables, would just make me paranoid about walking around downtown with them, for fear of them being stolen, like I am with my LP2s.

Thanks for the help though guys, after I buy myself a new laptop I will probably be more willing to spend more on some better ones.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2,294 of 5,364
Ya, I would go for something like the HD25-1 II, or even some V-MODA M80s, but that would defeat my idea of having semi-cheap portables, would just make me paranoid about walking around downtown with them, for fear of them being stolen, like I am with my LP2s.

Thanks for the help though guys, after I buy myself a new laptop I will probably be more willing to spend more on some better ones.

Well grab a pair of jvc has400b for now. Got,ine for $25 bucks new. They fold into a ball and i have seen people post that they purchase lowellpro lens or camera bags to put them in. Great sounding on ear for the price.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2,295 of 5,364
Just got my MH1C's in from eBay user starhall. Holy ****... these things really are amazing. The seal is very tight with the stock size. I have yet to walk with them but they do seem a bit microphonic due to that tight seal. Also since it is so tight, adjusting your jaw will change how loud they are on certain sizes depending on the fit. Seems to be very good isolation. Bass was not overwhelming like some people have said - it's very controlled. Wide open highs and smooth mids. I'm burning them in now. I should also mention that there was almost no packaging at all since they are wholesale. They came in a little plastic baggy the size of a fun size bag of fruit snacks, and were packaged inside a folded envelope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back