Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,846 of 5,364
I just bought a fiio E10, and thinking to buy a pair of headphones for music listening and instrument recording. And i mainly listen to Indie rocks and melodic dubstep, my budget is under $100. Ofc, lower price is always welcome. :D

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #1,847 of 5,364
I just bought a fiio E10, and thinking to buy a pair of headphones for music listening and instrument recording. And i mainly listen to Indie rocks and melodic dubstep, my budget is under $100. Ofc, lower price is always welcome. :D

Are you looking for something on ear or over your ear?

Do they truly need to be portable? Just asking cuz you said you have an E10 so you are probably using it at home? or laptop on the go? Any more insight you could give on your music preference would be great. Thanks.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #1,848 of 5,364
Quote:
I need some IEM's for working out (the only cardio will be on an eliptical) and for use with my Vita (DJ Max Technica Tune FTW!). Here are the bands I regularly listen to:

KMFDM
Nine Inch Nails
Dream Theater
Depeche Mode
Tristania
ohGr
Skinny Puppy
Battlelore
Ayria
Tool

I am considering the Velodyne vPulse (or how about the Atrio Future Sonic 010-045 Earphone with MG7 Pro technology?) and/or the Sennheiser CX 685. Would these be good for my musical prefrences or is there something that would be more fitting for my tastes? Also I see the COD MW3 Munitio's are dirt cheap right now are they worth it for under $20?

Haven't heard any of those, apart from the Atrios (which are solid). Assuming your budget is ~100 (from the looks of your other choices), and that you're also looking for a bassy sound, look into the Turbines. The SE215 are also quite good for rock, metal, and the likes.

Originally Posted by Seekky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought a fiio E10, and thinking to buy a pair of headphones for music listening and instrument recording. And i mainly listen to Indie rocks and melodic dubstep, my budget is under $100. Ofc, lower price is always welcome. 
biggrin.gif

Sounds like the FXT90. Maybe the PFE012 if bass isn't too much of a concern. 

Edit: Whoops, headphones. Disregard.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,849 of 5,364
Are you looking for something on ear or over your ear?
Do they truly need to be portable? Just asking cuz you said you have an E10 so you are probably using it at home? or laptop on the go? Any more insight you could give on your music preference would be great. Thanks.

I will be using them at home mostly. or sometimes i will bring them out with my laptop to friend's house/school. I like bass, however i will use it for practicing guitar also. (plug straight into my multi-effect unit) Thank you.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #1,850 of 5,364
I will be using them at home mostly. or sometimes i will bring them out with my laptop to friend's house/school. I like bass, however i will use it for practicing guitar also. (plug straight into my multi-effect unit) Thank you.

I would give those Citiscape Uptown headphones a try for $65 from Ben's outlet. To me they are really very good for their price and will be flexible enough for you. If you are looking for something for more precise monitoring for your guitar, you could try the ATH-M50 but it isn't going to have the bump in the midbass that the Citiscape has. The M50 has been on sale at amazon for $99 a couple times in the last 2 weeks.

Keep in mind the M50 has a 9 foot cable and the uptown has a 4 foot cable. It sounds to me the length of the cable is not an issue for you.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,851 of 5,364
I would give those Citiscape Uptown headphones a try for $65 from Ben's outlet. To me they are really very good for their price and will be flexible enough for you. If you are looking for something for more precise monitoring for your guitar, you could try the ATH-M50 but it isn't going to have the bump in the midbass that the Citiscape has. The M50 has been on sale at amazon for $99 a couple times in the last 2 weeks.
Keep in mind the M50 has a 9 foot cable and the uptown has a 4 foot cable. It sounds to me the length of the cable is not an issue for you.

Thanks. I'm interesting in M50, but they are $150 now, i just gonna wait for on sale.
How bout XB500?

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,852 of 5,364
Quote:

Haven't heard any of those, apart from the Atrios (which are solid). Assuming your budget is ~100 (from the looks of your other choices), and that you're also looking for a bassy sound, look into the Turbines. The SE215 are also quite good for rock, metal, and the likes.

Sounds like the FXT90. Maybe the PFE012 if bass isn't too much of a concern. 

Edit: Whoops, headphones. Disregard.

I am looking for bassy sound but from what I have read the reliability of the Turbines concerns me (which is sad because they look awesome), Really would like to get some impressions on the VPulse for my musical prefrences but I have looked at and am considering the Shure SE215 since the detachable cable seems like a nice feature.

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #1,853 of 5,364
Tragically, I left behind my Triplefi 10s on a plane, never to be seen again. While I loved them very much, the 'financial' hit wasn't as bad seeing as I got in on one of them awesome BF deals a couple of years back at the princely sum of $99. That being said though, I'm in the market for another pair. Because I am a stickler for familiarity, I have considered another triplefi (although they seem to be running an average of $180, boo), UE700 (el cheapo at $85 from amazon), but am looking for other similar models to audition. I hear the UE900 is the new awesome, but $400 is rather too expensive for my purposes, unless the difference in sound quality is worth it, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Would love a recommendation for any other IEMs I should consider based on the following:

- The main bugbear of most people on the triplefis were fit - which I never had a problem with, and I got excellent seal wearing them looped over the ear
- The clarity on them was amazing
- Microphonics (or lack thereof) is important to me
- Budget - would love to keep it $150 or less (but will probably bite the bullet if another triplefi is the way to go)
- I mainly listen to classical and jazz vocals

Thanks!

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,854 of 5,364
I need advice on what to buy!

I am gifting my sister a headphone on her birthday and am undecided on these three models. Budget is $30.

1. Monoprice 8323 for $27.
2. JVC HA-S400 for $27
3. AKG K81DJ for $33

She mainly listens to Classic Rock, so something that suits this kind of genre. I am guessing the K81DJ are too bassy for Rock so it's gonna be b/w the the first two.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #1,855 of 5,364
Back here again, I've amped up my budget to around $200CAD. Still looking for an IEM with warm mids and an accurate but not overly punchy bass (not the main emphasis though). I've got small ears, so something that its comfortable with decent isolation would be great. It'd be great if the earphones themselves as a whole were fairly small. Thanks!

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,857 of 5,364
I currently use a pair of koss dj pro100s every day when walking to the bus stop and while on the bus ( journey time approx 1.5 hours). they are great, but I want to change them for something lighter and possibly better sound quality. I was looking at the superlux hd668, but would prefer closed back. does anyone know if the sound quality on the 669 is as good as the 668.
also, if anyone is interested in buying my pro dj 100s, or have a second hand pair of cans they would trade please pm me.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,859 of 5,364
Hi, I'm looking for a bassy IEM under $100 or so. I love my TripleFi 10, but sometimes I just want to indulge myself in a ton of bass. I had the Monster Turbines for about a week before, but the treble wasn't sparkly enough for me. I usually listen to alternative rock and electronica. Any suggestions? I heard that the Sony MH1C is good-will they suit my needs well? Thanks for the help.

P.S. Good isolation is preferred.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,860 of 5,364
Quote:

I am looking for bassy sound but from what I have read the reliability of the Turbines concerns me (which is sad because they look awesome), Really would like to get some impressions on the VPulse for my musical prefrences but I have looked at and am considering the Shure SE215 since the detachable cable seems like a nice feature.

The Turbines have been discontinued, but you can get the Turbine Pro Gold for $150 on Amazon now. They come with an excellent lifetime warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back