Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #856 of 5,364
Hi, I really need a piece of advice since I really do not know which IEM to choose:
  1. Westone UM2 RC
  2. Westone 3
  3. Westone UM3x RC
  4. Shure SE425V
  5. Shure SE535V
First of all I really not sure if I should go for triple armature and it is not an overkill to buy such IEMs for use with Cowon J3. Secondly, problem is I can't try any of those iems because the only option to buy Westones in Latvia is to order them from variphone web store. However, we have a local Shure distributor, but in any case he does not have any of those 2 models in stock at the moment. In any case it looks like buying a cat in the sack. Thirdly, if this can help, my current favorite portable headphones in terms of sound are Sennheiser HD 25-1 II (which were bought thanks to this amazing resource). My music preferences mostly are rock, a little bit of metal, blues, female vocals and a tiny portion of electronics. Can you give me any advice or should I provide additional information?

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #857 of 5,364
Hi, so i love Dubstepp and rap. Ive been looking for new earbuds ever since my Skullcandy Ink'D earbuds bit the dust and i wanna ask your guy's expert advice for something under 40 bucks becuase i am totally clueless. It would be awesome if you could send some of your knowledge my way. And also my only way of getting the earbuds is through amazon.com so they have to be available there. Thank you so much!!!

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #858 of 5,364
Hi,

I have the Klipsch Image S4i and iPhone 4 that I use as my "ultra portable" I think I picked up the IEMs for $60 over a year ago. Basically, is there anything much better than these for the price? iPhone controls would be a definite plus. I'm not looking for an amp/dac as I am focused on ultra small and decent sound. I love my Beyer T1s and bought the T5p a while back, but ended up selling them because I just don't like lugging them around. Thanks,

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #859 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, I really need a piece of advice since I really do not know which IEM to choose:
  1. Westone UM2 RC
  2. Westone 3
  3. Westone UM3x RC
  4. Shure SE425V
  5. Shure SE535V
First of all I really not sure if I should go for triple armature and it is not an overkill to buy such IEMs for use with Cowon J3. Secondly, problem is I can't try any of those iems because the only option to buy Westones in Latvia is to order them from variphone web store. However, we have a local Shure distributor, but in any case he does not have any of those 2 models in stock at the moment. In any case it looks like buying a cat in the sack. Thirdly, if this can help, my current favorite portable headphones in terms of sound are Sennheiser HD 25-1 II (which were bought thanks to this amazing resource). My music preferences mostly are rock, a little bit of metal, blues, female vocals and a tiny portion of electronics. Can you give me any advice or should I provide additional information?

If you like the HD25, I bet you'd like the Westone 3. Very comfortable, great iem w/ a fun sound signature.

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #861 of 5,364
Quote:
May be it is a good idea to add some cash and take a um3x with removable cable?

Um3x and westone 3 have very diferent sound signatures, even with both having a triple driver design, if I remember right.

Check for Joker review, type something like "200 iems compared" on google, you can't miss

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #862 of 5,364
Quote:

Um3x and westone 3 have very diferent sound signatures, even with both having a triple driver design, if I remember right.

Check for Joker review, type something like "200 iems compared" on google, you can't miss

I know this amazing review. I read it and other threads about Westone 3 and Westone UM3x multiple times and just can't decide. May be I will flip a coin...

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #863 of 5,364
Looking for a pair of headphones or ear buds for the gym.  I listen to classical mostly, some metal, some techno.

What I am looking for in a pair of headphones:

1) Noise isolating - as I'll be in a gym (not noise-cancelling)
2) Comfortable to wear for periods up to 2 hours without getting sore ears
3) Does not fall out of the ears when exercising

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #864 of 5,364
Quote:
Looking for a pair of headphones or ear buds for the gym.  I listen to classical mostly, some metal, some techno.

What I am looking for in a pair of headphones:

1) Noise isolating - as I'll be in a gym (not noise-cancelling)
2) Comfortable to wear for periods up to 2 hours without getting sore ears
3) Does not fall out of the ears when exercising

What is your budget and source?

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #866 of 5,364
Quote:
I know this amazing review. I read it and other threads about Westone 3 and Westone UM3x multiple times and just can't decide. May be I will flip a coin...

They're so different! Westone 3 is fun, big bass, sparkly and big soundstage. UM3X is warmer, lots of instrument detail, more mid focused and a little treble light. I'd do W3 if you like rock or even big classical; UM3X is a stage monitor and has a rich bass to sing along too; its not really fun though. I personally eventually got bored of it's lack of treble and mid bass bloat. I tired of the W3 too but I think you'll like it.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #870 of 5,364
Quote:

I had a similar situation some time ago, well, I pulled the trigger for the Westone 4R, if everything goes as expected, I'll get it latter today!

Wish me luck :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back