Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Feb 13, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #5,356 of 5,364
Currently running DX50 and RHA 750. Looking to come current with DX 160 and want to stay $500 or less on IEM. Top of list are LZ A7 and FiiO FH7, But open to options (with pros and cons). Listen to mainly FLAC (live) rock, blues, bluegrass and some jazz. Welcome experience/opinions.

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #5,357 of 5,364
@Currawong would it not be a good idea to sticky this thread?

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #5,358 of 5,364
I've long not been staff, so if you think a thread should be stickied, the best way is to report the first post and suggest it as the reason.

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #5,359 of 5,364
For whatever reason, I remember this post being stickies in the IEM/portables sub-forums a long time ago. Maybe it’s the Mandela effect kicking in?

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #5,360 of 5,364
Hi everyone

Been using A&K SE200 and U12t for a few months as my main portable rig. I also have a mojo that I used with Poly before but now use as desktop DAC for my laptop. Mojo+Poly was too cumbersome to listen to spotify or tidal so I stopped using it as my dedicated setup.

The problem is that I somehow do not enjoy the SE200 + U12t setup as much as I did the U12t with mojo+poly. The detail retrieval and excitement and especially bass was much better on the mojo. This is especially important since I listen at lower volumes because of my tinnitus.

I was thinking maybe this is because the u12t do not have dynamic drivers, and hence am looking to get Solaris or Thieaudio Monarch mk2...would they be better suited? or any other earphones?

Otherwise if it is a DAP issue can you recommend which DAP to try out?

Unfortunately am in Turkey so no way for me to test either earphones or DAPs. I will be ordering online whatever I decide.

Thanks
Umar

Feb 20, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #5,361 of 5,364
Hi everyone

Been using A&K SE200 and U12t for a few months as my main portable rig. I also have a mojo that I used with Poly before but now use as desktop DAC for my laptop. Mojo+Poly was too cumbersome to listen to spotify or tidal so I stopped using it as my dedicated setup.

The problem is that I somehow do not enjoy the SE200 + U12t setup as much as I did the U12t with mojo+poly. The detail retrieval and excitement and especially bass was much better on the mojo. This is especially important since I listen at lower volumes because of my tinnitus.

I was thinking maybe this is because the u12t do not have dynamic drivers, and hence am looking to get Solaris or Thieaudio Monarch mk2...would they be better suited? or any other earphones?

Otherwise if it is a DAP issue can you recommend which DAP to try out?

Unfortunately am in Turkey so no way for me to test either earphones or DAPs. I will be ordering online whatever I decide.

Thanks
Umar
Anyone?

Feb 22, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #5,362 of 5,364
I have the Andromeda 2020. I want something with a bit more sparkle but the similar to the Andromeda 2020. Should I look at the original Andromeda? Any recommendations?

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #5,363 of 5,364
I've been out of the game for a few years now, ever since my EPH-100 died.

Been only buying chi-fi's and some mid-tier TWS iems ever since. Some sounded decent, while some where okay-ish. But none wowed me like the EPH-100. It's musicality and fun sound is just insanely good to my ears. It was definitely an end-game tier to me (value-wise I guess).

Please please please if you were a previous/current EPH-100 owner and have found an alternative to it ($100-150ish) that are widely available in the market today, let me know and I would really, really, reaaallllyyy appreciate it. . Preferably in TWS or cabled w/ mic (or just plain cabled if there's none).

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #5,364 of 5,364
I've been out of the game for a few years now, ever since my EPH-100 died.

Been only buying chi-fi's and some mid-tier TWS iems ever since. Some sounded decent, while some where okay-ish. But none wowed me like the EPH-100. It's musicality and fun sound is just insanely good to my ears. It was definitely an end-game tier to me (value-wise I guess).

Please please please if you were a previous/current EPH-100 owner and have found an alternative to it ($100-150ish) that are widely available in the market today, let me know and I would really, really, reaaallllyyy appreciate it. . Preferably in TWS or cabled w/ mic (or just plain cabled if there's none).
I know this thread is over a year old. I'm not concerned about that right now.

Why throw all that money down the drain? Not necessary. Here are a few budget items that I am really enjoying very much right at the moment:

-SoundMagic E10
-Flare Audio Jet 2
-Symphonized NRG X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back