Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #3,496 of 5,364
Quote:

At this point experimenting would be just as costly as just buckling down for a long-term investment with customs. 

But from listening to demos the gap is getting closer by the day, but still there, and much more apparent when it comes to $500-600 CIEMs. The Dream Earz or the Quads/V6 simply floored the rest detail-wise, even whilst in demo form (well the V6 weren't, just found a friend who managed to get his to fit me nice enough - still outstanding sig-wise).

Urm...just wondering have you tried the fitear 334's, would they fit my preferences? Or would you still recommend the Miracles over it?

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #3,497 of 5,364
Quote:
Urm...just wondering have you tried the fitear 334's, would they fit my preferences? Or would you still recommend the Miracles over it?

I own the Miracles and currently have the 334 on a loan. I think the Miracles have a tighter bass, better defined, and more space, with airier soundstage. The 334 have much richer and more engaging mids. I prefer the Miracles in general but the 334 are excellent too. Depends on what you want. The custom aspect also changes. To me it gives better isolation and makes the sound more immersive as the CIEM goes much deeper and has more contact surface.

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #3,498 of 5,364
Quote:
Terribly sorry but have nigh to no experience with those 3 other than demos so would feel uncomfortable recommending from such a standpoint. Would have recommended you ask on the Multi-Custom IEM thread but from the looks of the OP average_joe does not have any of those under his belt (of course different variants like the JH16 and the PP6 but not the specifc ones in question). But perhaps one of the regulars there can help you out nevertheless.

Thank you for your reply. I actually went for UERM.

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #3,499 of 5,364
Hello all, new member here and created an account because I need help choosing which IEM to go with.  Currently I am using Sennheiser CX300(old ones) and they are finally falling apart on me, but also decided that it was time to upgrade them anyways.  I searched around Amazon at "name brand" and couldn't really find what I was looking for and want to spend my money wisely.  After using the CX300 for a few years, I believe I know what I want out of my next IEMs.  I don't want an over powering bass, just enough to get a good punch, clarity is important, I know the CX300 suck for clarity, sounds all muddled.  I want one that has good range for all kinds of music, from classical to hip/hop, price range I could see around $50+/-

I have read the reviews for the Brainwavz/ViSang M1/M2/M3/M4/M5 and many others, but I just cannot decide.  I am not an audiophile and really do not know what to look for.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #3,500 of 5,364
I'd like to have a good headphones, since I use to walk so much and I like to listen music, and I want to listen it with a good quality,

I'd like to find a good headphones, which are comfortable because I'd wear these while walking. I also would like to spend less than 120$ and if it's possible I'd like that these were a good looking headphones.

I use to listen rock, pop, rap and techno (mostly rock and techno)

Thank you.

PS: I saw a review of DN HP700 Pro DJ, I got surprised for the quality-price relation of these but I think these wouldnt be so comfortable to walk with these. If I'm wrong I would be glad to be corrected.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3,501 of 5,364
Quote:
I'd like to have a good headphones, since I use to walk so much and I like to listen music, and I want to listen it with a good quality,

I'd like to find a good headphones, which are comfortable because I'd wear these while walking. I also would like to spend less than 120$ and if it's possible I'd like that these were a good looking headphones.

I use to listen rock, pop, rap and techno (mostly rock and techno)

Thank you.

PS: I saw a review of DN HP700 Pro DJ, I got surprised for the quality-price relation of these but I think these wouldnt be so comfortable to walk with these. If I'm wrong I would be glad to be corrected.

ATH-M50 is good with rock and techno while pricing is good. The only downside would be comfort.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #3,503 of 5,364
I'm looking to buy a new pair of IEM after losing my Rockit R-50. I've been seeing good reviews on this forum of the new Sony XBA-30 and was wondering if it's better than the R-50 or are they totally different. I'm debating whether to buy the R-50 again, I did enjoy it a lot, it was the most expensive pair of IEM I've ever bought, most definitely the best one. Would the XBA-30 be an upgrade? What kind of music would sound good with it? I listen to a wide variety of music, including pop, all kind of rock, not metal though, classical, techno, dubstep, etc. So, I'm looking for a pair of IEM that would be able to play pretty much anything I throw at it, with R-50 or beyond sound quality of course. My budget is $100-$200. BTW since these are gonna be portable so I really rather not have to use an amp to make them sound good. Thanks.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,504 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking to buy a new pair of IEM after losing my Rockit R-50. I've been seeing good reviews on this forum of the new Sony XBA-30 and was wondering if it's better than the R-50 or are they totally different. I'm debating whether to buy the R-50 again, I did enjoy it a lot, it was the most expensive pair of IEM I've ever bought, most definitely the best one. Would the XBA-30 be an upgrade? What kind of music would sound good with it? I listen to a wide variety of music, including pop, all kind of rock, not metal though, classical, techno, dubstep, etc. So, I'm looking for a pair of IEM that would be able to play pretty much anything I throw at it, with R-50 or beyond sound quality of course. My budget is $100-$200. BTW since these are gonna be portable so I really rather not have to use an amp to make them sound good. Thanks.

Never heard the R-50s but I know Joker gave it a 9.2, a score I would easily give the XBA-30s. I listen to a variety of music as well, including most of the genres you mentioned, and the XBA-30s play them effortlessly. They have a fun, balanced, spacious sound that just works with everything.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #3,505 of 5,364

Quote:
That's....sort of not how the contour curves work. Might want to read up on some material, you seem to have the wrong idea regarding these things. Innerfidelity has some good tutorials, as well as goldenears. Rinchoi has a slew of FR measurements on his site.

Great, thank you so much. I have read through a few tutorials and learned a lot, and then I looked at 20 or 30 reviews on Rinchoi's site and realized that just because my q-jays are slightly quieter in the left ear, it's not worth it to replace them because from what I have seen it would take a few hundred dollars at least to match their sound.

I think the best idea would be to salvage them using an amp or player that can amplify one channel, my old mp3 player could and it fixed the problem for me. I'm just hoping that it's just volume and not quality of sound being affected. I would guess the left is 10% quieter than the right. I know that I wore them a few times when the filter had fallen out and I have no idea if anything got inside them... Is there any possible way to clean the inside? It seems very risky to me. Thanks again.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #3,506 of 5,364
mugen3, does the XBA-30 sounds good at high volume? The one thing I didn't like about my R-50 was that it did not sound nice at very high volume, like if I put the volume of my ipod 3 notch from max volume, it sounds bad.

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3,508 of 5,364
Hi,

I've owned a couple of pairs of etymotics and a couple of pairs of shures. my last pair were a set of SE530's. To be honest, they were not the most comfortable and the build quality was not great, but I was happy with the sound. The paint peeled and more annoyingly the rubber cable tubing detached themselves. They ended up being stolen and I bought a pair of sennheiser "isolating" earphones in the airport. They don't isolate ****. 

So now I'm in the market again, but I am a bit of a loss as I am not rushing back to the Shures.... My primary use is noise isolation for travelling and I use them for running as well. I listen mostly to 70's rock and indie rock with more electro when running.

I also use custom moulded silicone earplugs when sleeping, travelling or motorcycling. When I looked into getting the se530's fitted to a mold, the profile had them sticking out my ears. I would still prefer custom moulded, but the profile must not protrude from my ear in order to be comfortable with a motorcycle helmet. And the moulding service needs to be available in Australia.

Comfort, isolation, profile and of course natural sound replication, no amp required (iphone, ipod, computer, etc.)

Any tips?

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #3,509 of 5,364
Quote:

Warm, bassy, over-ear, mic/remote, isolates - almost sounds like the LP2s (or the M80s if you can stand a more balanced sound and on-ear form) apart from the budget range. It's always the budget...
Enjoyed the K618 for EDM and noise (not that you need anything other than a FM radio for Stott or Mountains - but it is a good portion of my total library so...) well enough. 

Thanks for the advice! Saw a pair of murder-red K518LEs at the local discount store for $50 today, so picked them up on a whim and am happy with initial listen, though I hope they'll break in a little... how do they compare to the K618s?

Anyway, now that immediate need for subway sanity is sated, I can save up a little longer to pick up a better set by summer's end, and the LP2s are in the running. Any opinion of how they compare to the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro? Those were my savings goal, and they, the LP2s, and the M80s run about $199 CAD from local retailers...

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #3,510 of 5,364
Quote:
mugen3, does the XBA-30 sounds good at high volume? The one thing I didn't like about my R-50 was that it did not sound nice at very high volume, like if I put the volume of my ipod 3 notch from max volume, it sounds bad.

Yep definitely. The XBA-30s have a very smooth and forgiving signature. Even at high volume they are hardly fatiguing and sibilance is rare. No part of the spectrum dominates the sound either, thanks to the carefully tuned balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back