buying IEM under 40$
Jun 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tbyui

New Head-Fier
My old earpones died
and i need new
I have been thinking about a few IEM
MEElectronics M6
Klipsch IMAGE S2 (if i find a cheap one)
MEElectronics M9 Hi-Fi
I listen to rock and metal most of the time, and i love deep bass
If you know some good IEM, you can recommend them

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #2 of 5
Have you read joker's and ClieOS' superb multi-IEM comparisons? They should be required reading for any "What should I buy for $X?" thread OP. If you need a quick answer, joker has a table summarizing his scores in post #8 of that thread.

Either of the MEElecs you listed are excellent IEMs for the price. The M6 is generally considered to give "better" SQ that the M9, but requires that it be worn with wire over the ear (which also reduces cable microphonics). I chose the M9 because it was available with a remote/mic (M9P model).

No experience with Klipsch, but their cables seem to have durability issues, which are less likely on the MEElecs.

The new Brainwavz M1 and M2 models are getting rave reviews for budget IEMs around here these days.

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
If you need a quick answer, joker has a table summarizing his scores in post #8 of that thread.

ClieOS also has a similar table to a lesser extent at the end of his review.

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Myself, I would choose the M6. They're... WOW. If having to wear them over the ear is a no-no for you, choose the M9 instead.

I would love to test the Klipsch S2 someday, because I think they have a superb design. But not having listened to them, I can tell anything about them except for the reviews from ljokerl or ClieOS. Not a bad phone, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back