Buying HD650s, loking for an amp!
Dec 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kais001

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
                so ive finally settled on buying myself a pair of hd650's which i am extremely keen to try. The thing is, ive seen so many post talking about amps to pair with them that are quite old, and i was wondering in this day and age what is the best amp to pair with the hd650s? ive seen people saying you have to get a tube amp, but others say it really does not matter and i was wondering what the general consensus was these days. On a side note i love a good strong bass sounding headphones so if i can get an amp to help the hd650s with that it would be awesome,

Cheers in advance,
                             Kais

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 3
What's your budget? What's your system, pc, laptop. In my experience the synergy is better with tube amps with the 650. Little dot, garage 1217, schiit audio for around 300. Feliks audio Elise for 700.00. You have to be more specific about what your looking to spend.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hey guys,
                so ive finally settled on buying myself a pair of hd650's which i am extremely keen to try. The thing is, ive seen so many post talking about amps to pair with them that are quite old, and i was wondering in this day and age what is the best amp to pair with the hd650s? ive seen people saying you have to get a tube amp, but others say it really does not matter and i was wondering what the general consensus was these days. On a side note i love a good strong bass sounding headphones so if i can get an amp to help the hd650s with that it would be awesome,

Check out the Darkvoice 336SE tube headphone amplifier ($213-$250).
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dark-voice-366se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back