Buying and selling and buying
Jun 30, 2002 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

2 channel

500+ Head-Fier
Have any of you in your upgrade paths ever bought some gear, sold it later only to realize that you really liked it after it was gone so you bought it again?

Here's one of my experiences:
First I had some Senn HD580's and a Head Room Supreme (older model)
I traded them away for som Stax SRM 001 MKII.
I eventually traded the Stax for an MG head, sold a pair of Grado 225s and bought another pair of 580s.
I later traded the MG Head for a Menthor Integra.
I then sold my Senns and a few tubes and now have another pair of Stax SRM 001 MKIIs on the way

Anyone else?

Jun 30, 2002 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Perhaps that is why I rarely get rid of equipment. I know that someday I will want it again.

Jul 1, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 5
i'm pretty much the same as john...i rarely get rid of equipment...i prefer to keep my old stuff around just in case...i had an original HR Supreme amp which ran on 4 AA batteries which i traded in for credit to get a HR Home amp but that left me with no portable amp which i really regret...of course i have no regrets getting the Home amp, i just wished i had kept the supreme...

Jul 2, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Not I. I pretty much get rid of stuff 'cos I don't want it. I'm pretty careful and calculated about it so when it's gone, it's gone. I do hope whatever I sell goes on to make someone else happy, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back