Buying AKG K501
May 28, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 8
If not, they can usually be found on ebay for around $149.

May 28, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks, guys. I wish old FS posts retained the selling prices; then I could get a feel for the market. But $150 + shipping seems to be about the lowest price. I grabbed one off eBay. We'll see how they compare.

May 28, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 8
Noooooo!

I just read your fantastic ode to the HD600 and that was what, only two days ago? Don't you see what's happening?

I thought you were a "cheapskate"?
600smile.gif

Just kidding. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of these myself after I get my hands on a Cardas upgrade cable for my HD600's. I can't resist after the many claims of how sweet the midrange is on these K501's. It will definitely be my next headphone purchase and my first of the AKG line.

Hope you have a good experience with them and report back with your findings.

May 28, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Noooooo!

I just read your fantastic ode to the HD600 and that was what, only two days ago? Don't you see what's happening?

[Jethro Bodine voice] Hee hee! I certainly do! I's gittin' some new headphones! Hee hee!

Quote:

I thought you were a "cheapskate"?

I'm a selective cheapskate. I'll be eating Snickers lunches and not takin' any hot showers for a month. I'll be smelly but well-equipped.

Quote:

Just kidding. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of these myself... It will definitely be my next headphone purchase and my first of the AKG line.

Same here. Now that I've heard the shall we say euphonic HD-600s, it's time to see what else is going on in the world of serious dynamic designs, where serious equals <as flat a frequency response as possible and to hell with what the boutique zines have to say>.

Quote:

Hope you have a good experience with them and report back with your findings.

I will, I will. They haven't stopped me yet.

May 29, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta
Thanks, guys. I wish old FS posts retained the selling prices; then I could get a feel for the market. But $150 + shipping seems to be about the lowest price. I grabbed one off eBay. We'll see how they compare.

If you didn't finalize that deal, call B & H photo in NYC, for a lower price ($142):

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120752

May 29, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
If you didn't finalize that deal, call B & H photo in NYC, for a lower price ($142):

Thanks for the tip. This would've saved me about $10. If anyone else reading this orders from B&H, let us know what kind of price you got and how fast B&H got it into your hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back