Buyer Etiquette
Apr 19, 2004 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

oneeyedhobbit

1000+ Head-Fier
Hmm..I realize that there was a similarly titled thread, but I have a very specific point to make. Now, as my signature indicates, I am trying to sell an iPod on Head-Fi and avoid the whole e-bay bit. During this proccess, I've had several members express interest. I replied answering all questions to the best of my ability, sending pictures, etc. The potential buyers response? Not a damn thing. This is rude, and a hassle to sellers. I have to re-contact buyers and find out whats going on--are they on a trip and without internet access, are they sick, or just blowing me off? Now, it is not at all a large hassle to reply to a seller and say something to the tune of, "Sorry, no longer interested." Rest assured that no one will hate you or hunt you down. Most sellers will appreciate this, especially over the silent treatment.

[/end rant] Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 4
That’s nothing.

1/3 of the people I sell things to never even contact me when they receive the item. After it’s shipped I never hear from them again.

I use delivery confirmation now on every transaction just so I have confirmation of delivery.

Mitch

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Right now I'm a little peeved at a fellow Head-fier. Bought some headphones from him five days ago. Paid him the same day with paypal and he accepted it the same day. But not a word from him in five days since, even saying he even accepted the payment! Despite the fact I sent him PMs asking him to confirm. He gets five more days (for the headphones to arrive) and then the words of anger start flying around here.

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Wow, you guys make me realize how lucky I've been, in thirty or so audio deals I've never had the communication problems you folks have.
eek.gif
The worst I have ever had happen is a mail or two get lost in transit to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back