Buy "OSSIC X" or not?
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #211 of 301
they told me there could be issues when battery is low.. my battery isn't low, and they didn't deny others could have the same problem
@jude mentioned that he is also a backer for this product. Maybe he got his too and can tell.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #213 of 301
I was reading the Kickstarter comments and another dev kit backer is having different problems but says factory resetting the cans helped. Maybe give that a shot if you haven't already?
nope factory reset doesn't work for this noise issue. If i'm the only one.. I guess i won the lottery and got a factory defective pair..

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #214 of 301
nope factory reset doesn't work for this noise issue. If i'm the only one.. I guess i won the lottery and got a factory defective pair..

That would be quite a coincidence ... that the only developer pledge who gave a report on the headphones also happened to be the only one with a defective pair!

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #215 of 301
That would be quite a coincidence ... that the only developer pledge who gave a report on the headphones also happened to be the only one with a defective pair!
it is possibly that others are more tolerant to the elevated noise floor. Or they aren't on forums.

I've been on head-fi for years, started off years ago with hd580s, and slowly upgraded here and there.

Running a kgsshv-carbon, on a matrix x-sabre pro, and stax sr-009 for a while now. Never had this noise floor problem.

This reminds me of something years ago, where i had subwoofers from my HT setup with bad amps and all i heard was that low level hum in the background when system is on, and nothing is playing yet.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #216 of 301
Does the noise floor issue remain when using a different USB cable or the 3.5mm?

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #219 of 301
ufokillerz, have you tried the dev unit with other devices besides the PC? There's a few thoughts I have about why the phones are acting noisy, but it'd help to determine if the problem is in the PC interface, the cords the Ossic shipped with, or the Ossic itself.

Sorry to ask you to look at it further; troubleshooting stuff is kind of in my nature. Honestly, I wish I'd backed at the dev tier so I could do a test & teardown of the headset myself.

Edit: Saw that you used another cord.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #220 of 301
ufokillerz, have you tried the dev unit with other devices besides the PC? There's a few thoughts I have about why the phones are acting noisy, but it'd help to determine if the problem is in the PC interface, the cords the Ossic shipped with, or the Ossic itself.

Sorry to ask you to look at it further; troubleshooting stuff is kind of in my nature. Honestly, I wish I'd backed at the dev tier so I could do a test & teardown of the headset myself.

Edit: Saw that you used another cord.
indeed at this point I am curious if some hardware other than the unit itself is at fault.
Also would help future users with a similar setup to ufokillerz to marrow down the issue

This looks like a threat though www.nuraphone.com

Not sure if that will affect OSSIC X sales further on.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #221 of 301
Hi everyone! It's been exciting to see the dev units out in the world. The feedback we've been receiving so far has been incredibly helpful. If you have any questions about the product I'll help answer the best I can.

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #222 of 301
Hi everyone! It's been exciting to see the dev units out in the world. The feedback we've been receiving so far has been incredibly helpful. If you have any questions about the product I'll help answer the best I can.

Have you identified the problem with the noise in “ufokillerz” unit?

Has he reached out? If so, why does he not communicate clear 2way dialogue with Ossic?

If a company cannot maintain 2way with dev tester units, how can a population expect the pattern to change when scale hits upon launch.

#thehardthingabouthardthings #reidhoffman #customersneedsmatter

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #223 of 301
Have you identified the problem with the noise in “ufokillerz” unit?

Has he reached out? If so, why does he not communicate clear 2way dialogue with Ossic?

If a company cannot maintain 2way with dev tester units, how can a population expect the pattern to change when scale hits upon launch.

Hi there! All great questions.

All developers have access to a specific beta email address with direct contact to our dev team, which includes our CTO, to submit feedback and bugs. Our development team has full access to these responses and we are actively tracking all bug submissions, as many of these early backers have reached out to give us their feedback.

To my knowledge were in contact with @ufokillerz in January and offered a replacement unit so that we could better diagnose whether the issue was a defective unit or not. We also mentioned we are soon to release another beta software update.

The developer units that were shipped out are a pre-production engineering sample, which is a snapshot of the OSSIC X as it moves towards completion. It is not a final product, and thus we're truly relying on the honest feedback from the community to improve it as we continue to release updates and finalize production. Our development team answers support questions in addition to product development so we're actively aware of bugs and feedback as we build. We don't outsource our customer service, especially for developer unit program. Our team has worked hard to get the developer units shipped out, so we definitely want to hear what those customers think.

I hope this helps. Happy to answer more questions.

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #224 of 301
It’s good to have an Ossic representative in the thread. Clearly the design has changed from the original proposal, with a lot more processing being done onboard now. I'd be interested to know why the designers have stuck to micro-USB output when some backers (not me) pushed quite hard for USB-C. I wonder is there a technical reason why that specific change wasn't made?

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #225 of 301
Hello,

What is the compatibility with VR games(does it use positional audio info from the engine or the headset) and what about 3D audio formats as it stands right now?

Do powered amplifiers make a difference(in stand alone/mobile use)? Are they safe to use with OSSIC?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back