Buy "OSSIC X" or not?
Jan 13, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #196 of 301
got my ossic-x developer unit today.. some beta bugs i guess? whitenoise when nothings playing, static./buffer problems?

I hope that any problems can be addressed in a firmware update, although I'm a little surprised that they shipped the developer units with any problems at all: after all we're on the cusp of wider shipping. Please post as much as you can about these: photos would be very welcome, as well as any & all impressions. I'm thinking that these are comfortable headphones (because God Knows they aren't pretty!) ..?

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #197 of 301
got my ossic-x developer unit today.. some beta bugs i guess? whitenoise when nothings playing, static./buffer problems?

normal setup, sr009 with kgsshv carbon and matrix x-sabre pro dac

Could you tell a little bit more about the sound signature? So how is the sound in stereo mode and how is the 3-D option to have two loud speakers in front of you? Is it really convincing?

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #199 of 301
at this time i can only say that this is definitely something in the beta.. stage. sound is boomy.. and 3d is not convincing.

Oh ... :triportsad:

I was sort of expecting that at this point. Maybe they'll pull it back in software.

Jan 13, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #200 of 301
at this time i can only say that this is definitely something in the beta.. stage. sound is boomy.. and 3d is not convincing.

That is very unfortunate. I was able to pull out as a development backer and settled with Ossic for becoming a normal backer.
I am so sorry to hear that neither the money nor the wait was worth it.

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #201 of 301

I'm setting my expectations low but it's too early to write them off. I wanted to use them for films and music but right now my hope is that they can be a decent gaming headset. But I'm in no hurry to receive a gaming headset so as far as I'm concerned they can take their time trying to get this thing right!

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #202 of 301
I'm setting my expectations low but it's too early to write them off. I wanted to use them for films and music but right now my hope is that they can be a decent gaming headset. But I'm in no hurry to receive a gaming headset so as far as I'm concerned they can take their time trying to get this thing right!

Wise words my friend.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #203 of 301
That is very unfortunate. I was able to pull out as a development backer and settled with Ossic for becoming a normal backer.
smart man! i kept as a development backer, figuring if they go belly up, i'd at least get something before that happens.

I pray they fix this noise floor/hiss issue. I ran this through a jitterbug, uptone regen. and other things to see if it was usb noise. but Nothing helped this white noise/hiss i get.

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #204 of 301
smart man! i kept as a development backer, figuring if they go belly up, i'd at least get something before that happens.

I pray they fix this noise floor/hiss issue. I ran this through a jitterbug, uptone regen. and other things to see if it was usb noise. but Nothing helped this white noise/hiss i get.

That is terrible. Sorry.

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #205 of 301
So regular backer units are now shipping out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back