Buy a Limited Edition Zune, help save lives.
Oct 18, 2007 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

luckypictures

500+ Head-Fier
Subtitle: Buy a Pink Zune for Breast Cancer Awareness

Probably not the proper title for the thread, but it'll get more people to check out it than if I had just made it the subtitle.

PURCHASE A LIMITED EDITION PINK ZUNE FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS

And, unlike Product[RED] which only donated 5% of the price to charity, 100% goes to the Susan G. Komen for the cure foundation.

All ipod vs Zune arguing aside, its nice to see a company actually putting forth an effort. It's a great idea. Everyone wins. A charity gets a large donation, and you get a sweet electronic device for making a donation. Beats the heck out of the PBS totebag. Sorry PBS. PBS is a worthwhile cause, and, started in my hometown, so I shouldn't badmouth it. Feel free to donate to PBS or any other worthy cause.

Also, it appears there's some battery trouble with the ipod classic.
LINK HERE

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont, with the price, i can buy 2 zunes and still have $50 to play around with.

Apparently you missed the point of the post. It's for charity. And its a limited edition. Which doesn't mean much, but it's for charity. And I think it's just about the only time you could get a tax writeoff for buying a Zune.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. This is done by Ford.
2. Target already did a Breast Cancer thing with pink iPod shuffle in their stores.

1. This is done by Microsoft and Ford.
2. They did, but 100% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE wasn't donated to charity. It was 10% or some small amount.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't this way old news already.

Not even close. Just announced today actually. Quite a nice move too.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't this way old news already.

Well, the site went live in May, but I'm not sure when the Zune went up for sale. Possibly at the same time, not sure.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently you missed the point of the post. It's for charity. And its a limited edition. Which doesn't mean much, but it's for charity. And I think it's just about the only time you could get a tax writeoff for buying a Zune.

you may say that but in reality, you're not buying one..

its 150% overpriced than the stock price atm...

so.. meh

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you may say that but in reality, you're not buying one..

its 150% overpriced than the stock price atm...

so.. meh

I'm not. But if I had a job and spare cash, I would.

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #13 of 36
too much negativity over a donation folks!

its $250 for DONATION! not bargain price!

but to state the truth, i would rather use my money to spend on a zune elsewhere, then donate the remainder directly to the charity itself. that's me though :p

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #14 of 36
I don't know how this makes the Zune better than the iPod, if you're so willing to support a cause, why not just donate the money on your own? Maybe I'm too self-conscious but I wouldn't really buy a pink one just for that.

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #15 of 36
OR you can just donate money right to the foundation and go and buy any player you want
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back