Buy a Limited Edition Zune, help save lives.
Oct 20, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iTardfanboypodophiles are relentless.

That is one heck of a word Night Surfer.

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does 5% of $200 equal more than 100% of $250? That would require 25 nano Product [RED] for every 1 Zune. And the end result?Apple makes $3725, and Microsoft/Ford makes $0. Any donation is good, but any donation is even better for the company if they can make a hefty profit at the same time as looking like they care. It's all about marketing. The only reason that more money may be donated is that Apple has a larger market share. NOT because of the pricing of their products.

Of course it's an Apple vs Microsoft debate. It always is. There will always be unrest in the world of PC vs Mac. Always. And there's always going to be fanboys trashing each company.

And as I said IN MY INITIAL POST, I posted that headline to draw more views. Controversy gets more viewers. My intent was to get as many people to view the thread as possible, perhaps leading to some charitable donations. I'm not the organization, and I can use whatever propaganda I so choose. If I had just written Zune, chances are that less people would have read it, but by titling the thread what I did, there have been undoubtedly more hits.

You use, admittedly, 'controversy' or 'propaganda' and then are shocked if people care enough respond to it? Seriously? And as far as I can see, no one is doubting your conviction to the cause or connections and certainly not MS or Fords. It's just you brought up points and some of us cared enough to respond. Maybe that was a mistake. IMO you somewhat corrupted the cause here (and someone has caught on as there have been changes including the title). Why you chose to I guess you've already answered, but it wouldn't have been my move. I tried to be polite in my earlier post praising MS and Ford, but stating some differences in your comparison, but if your response is considered appropriate, than here's mine.

And "How does 5% of $200 equal more than 100% of $250? That would require 25 nano Product [RED] for every 1 Zune." Well you've already answered it - I think MS would be very happy if they sold near 1 Pink Zune for every 25 Red Nanos. I only brought up the comparison, as the donation amount seems an important point, if the charity is the focus, and the company giving is being questioned.

And if anyone thinks this is iPod fanboy-speak being more important than fighting breast cancer, you're way more cynical than the OP or myself. This is a good cause. Help it out through this purchase or another way. Same goes for Reds AIDS global fund.

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 36
Just to be clear, the original poster is incorrect. 100% of the purchase price does not go to the charity. 100% of Microsoft's profit on the unit (after expenses) goes to the charity. This probably works out to $10 or $20.

Oct 22, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to be clear, the original poster is incorrect. 100% of the purchase price does not go to the charity. 100% of Microsoft's profit on the unit (after expenses) goes to the charity. This probably works out to $10 or $20.

No. Try reading the webpage.

Thanks to the generosity of Ford and Microsoft, 100% of the purchase price of this item goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

The other items are 10% of the net proceeds.

The Zune is 100% of the purchase price.

READ THE PAGE AGAIN HERE.
THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back