Busted my AKG K81DJ and have almost no money
Mar 28, 2011 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Giorgi

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've had my AKG (http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k518dj) for 2 years, but recently something died... I don't know, the left speaker doesn't work anymore... I'm not a repairman, so I need to buy something else. Problem is I'm extremely tight on cash, I still want closed headphones that don't suck but the cheaper I get away with it the better. I mainly listen to hard rock/metal, also a bit of rap and need isolation because I mainly listen to music in the subway.

I'm starting this thread mainly to have some opinions on how the cheaper headphones compare to my AKG since that was the only experience I had with "non-cheapo" headphones. 

Since I don't have much money I thought I'd get the Sennheiser HD-201 or a Philips SHL9600. How would those compare to my AKG? Do you have any other suggestions? 

Thank you!

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 4
There's a thread somewhere here on portable cans being reviewed. By definition, portable headphones need to be closed, and that thread covers a very wide range of prices--you should try looking for it to get a list of budget closed headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back