Burson V2+ and Woo Audio WA6? Anyone have experience with both?
Apr 3, 2018 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

18inch

Head-Fier
hello all,

i am wondering if anyone had experience with both, i have the V2+ and am curious about the WA6... I really love the V2+, a DAC that pretty much made me forget about looking for another DAC for almost 2years now.. Very involving sound. But i just acquired a tube integrated amplifier for my speaker, and would love to try out some tube gear for headphones too, i have an Ultrasone Signature DJ, kinda wish to add more warmth/charm and holographic sound.

But... the thing is that im afraid to get a WA6 only to be disapointed.. since i have no idea how it stacks against the V2+ ..

Any thoughts is much appreciated
thx

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 6
i have experience with both but haven't compared them directly, and it's been a long time since i've used the wa6. that said, the wa6 will round off the edges and impart some warmth.

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 6
and... what happen if you don't change ur burson and you change ur headphone?
aeon flow open will be good option...

not really looking to switch headphone, especially not open headphones, im into closed back and anyways i simply love the resolution and detail and pretty much non existant distortion even at high volume the sig dj has.

i have experience with both but haven't compared them directly, and it's been a long time since i've used the wa6. that said, the wa6 will round off the edges and impart some warmth.

do you remember in any way if the wa6 was a step down from the burson? wondering if the v2+ is more comparable to the WA6SE...

thx

Apr 8, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 6
sorry but no i don't. i would have been focused on the headphones rather than the amp. however, if you enjoy your CV2+ for the details, then i think you may find the wa6 less so.

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 6
aYI49PN.jpg

Although the post is older,i hope to help.I have both amplifiers,so i can say that Conductor V2 is superior to WA6,probably a competitor would be WA22. I think Burson Conductor V2 is superior to WA6 SE and WA7 (Conductor V2+).
In may case i can say that both form a perfect system,so they can be used together.With Burson and HD800 they listen jazz and classics,and with WA6 and T1 (first gen) vocal genre like Allen Taylor or Eva Cassidy. Classical guitar and voices sound better on Woo Audio and T1.But within the resolution,scene,Burson along with the HD800 are on a different level.
As i said,for me,fill in....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back