Burson Soloist
Mar 20, 2018 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nicknack40

100+ Head-Fier
Good evening all. After little help please looking around the forum and seeing that people are using the Burson Soloist with there LCD headphones, My LCD2-Classics wont be with me until end of the month due to stock. I do have Magni 3 Which ive not used yet. Would the Burson Soloist give me a big upgrade in sound has anybody moved from Magni 3 to the Burson Soloist with there LCD's, And also what Outputs does the Burson Soloist have so i can connect Active speakers and DAC also Many thanks ......Nick

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 9
sorry,i only have the soloist sl...

but i think the soloist only has *one* set of rca out puts. it's labeled as a pre amp out.
it does have 3 sets of rca inputs.
it has no digital connections of any kind.

so you could maybe connect the dac to an input and the active speakers to the outputs.maybe one of the experts will chime in with a reply soon. :)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Just ordered my Burson Soloist 3xp with supercharger. Hoping this will be endgame...

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 9
Good evening all. After little help please looking around the forum and seeing that people are using the Burson Soloist with there LCD headphones, My LCD2-Classics wont be with me until end of the month due to stock. I do have Magni 3 Which ive not used yet. Would the Burson Soloist give me a big upgrade in sound has anybody moved from Magni 3 to the Burson Soloist with there LCD's, And also what Outputs does the Burson Soloist have so i can connect Active speakers and DAC also Many thanks ......Nick
Hello, I can answer this one. I own 3XP. Yes, it does improve because the driver benefit from power. Any headphone that does not benefit from power, tend to sound the same with cheaper less powered amp compare to more powerful amp. 3Xp has pre amp!

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 9
Yes it is but only depends on what headphone do you use.
I ordered it open box, so it is final sale. Trying to see if I can return for store credit if not I'll have to sell it off on ebay (can't sell on here still)... I was shocked at how much I did not like this amp. It sounded so cold and vivid and unnatural sounding to me compared to my warm Schiit amps and various tube amps. I’m not comfortable enough to meddle with op amp swapping either to keep the unit. I would love to get a Mjolnir 2 instead if I can find a good one for sale.

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #9 of 9
I ordered it open box, so it is final sale. Trying to see if I can return for store credit if not I'll have to sell it off on ebay (can't sell on here still)... I was shocked at how much I did not like this amp. It sounded so cold and vivid and unnatural sounding to me compared to my warm Schiit amps and various tube amps. I’m not comfortable enough to meddle with op amp swapping either to keep the unit. I would love to get a Mjolnir 2 instead if I can find a good one for sale.
Weird and not possible. Its not bright, cold and unnatural sounding. What headphone ? Or we can pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back