Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Sep 20, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #1,533 of 3,128
Have you seen this?

Burson-Soloist-3XGT-S1-1.jpg

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #1,534 of 3,128
Yes Just saw it. Even at promotion, It is double the price of Soloist 3xp. At that price, Not sure how much gain are we getting in sound quality but may be useful for people with very hard to drive headphones. I would consider Sparkos Aries at that price point as well.

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #1,535 of 3,128
Yes Just saw it. Even at promotion, It is double the price of Soloist 3xp. At that price, Not sure how much gain are we getting in sound quality but may be useful for people with very hard to drive headphones. I would consider Sparkos Aries at that price point as well.
Yes, a bit pricy...I would consider it for my NM-1. They do like power and current...

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #1,538 of 3,128
An actively cooled amp with a fan is a defintiely a no for me, we really don’t need an additional moving part and a possible point of failure
This is a good point. Whilst there indeed may be a possible point of failure in the fan, I kinda see having a fan as indication that the amp is a real performer for its form factor. I will pre-order so let’s all pray nothing will fail ever 😅
I’ve never experienced fan failure in any device (I still use an OG Timekeeper, still no issues although to be fair it will only turn on if needed) and hope I never will!

Sep 21, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,540 of 3,128
Just a note, with open seams and fan for air circulation, there will be dust accumulation over time. you will need to vacuum regularly to ensure optimal performance
This is kind of the biggest reason I went with a soloist over the gsx mini. Im too paranoid about things getting damaged if I have to open it up to vacuum/air blast dust out of it due to the use of air vents.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #1,541 of 3,128
I think, it is mostly for people, who want to run speakers as well.
IMO it’s for people with 1266 Phi TC , Susvara, HE6 and want something a bit more than 3XP. Think Niimbus, V550/590, Flux Volot, Ferrum Oor+Hypsos, and the coming TOTL amp from Holo Audio. There’s probably a dozen top flight Solid state amps at this level that Burson is entering.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #1,542 of 3,128
IMO it’s for people with 1266 Phi TC , Susvara, HE6 and want something a bit more than 3XP. Think Niimbus, V550/590, Flux Volot, Ferrum Oor+Hypsos, and the coming TOTL amp from Holo Audio. There’s probably a dozen top flight Solid state amps at this level that Burson is entering.
Yes, indeed. I auditioned Niimbus US4 the other day and I know how my headphones can perform...So looking forward to hearing more about the new Soloist.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #1,543 of 3,128
Not really, 50-60 on the 3xp is already hearing loss territory with 1266. Susvara around 65 so still plenty of headroom left. The power gain is probably not the selling point here. Would be nice to audition it and see if there is a difference in quality

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,544 of 3,128
Not really, 50-60 on the 3xp is already hearing loss territory with 1266. Susvara around 65 so still plenty of headroom left. The power gain is probably not the selling point here. Would be nice to audition it and see if there is a difference in quality
My opinion as a TC and Susvara owner is that 3XP leaves me wanting. Not enough detail, soundstage and bass impact compared to my OG timekeeper and what I know I can get from other headamps or speaker amps . It just feels like it 3xp needs improvements to its current delivery at least for these cans. I expect the GT to fill in those gaps.

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,545 of 3,128
My opinion as a TC and Susvara owner is that 3XP leaves me wanting. Not enough detail, soundstage and bass impact compared to my OG timekeeper and what I know I can get from other headamps or speaker amps . It just feels like it 3xp needs improvements to its current delivery at least for these cans. I expect the GT to fill in those gaps.

I'm of the same opinion... 3XP is 98% of where I want it to be. I was considering buying the supercharger and switching back to vivid op amps to see if that give me what I want. I went from Vivids to Sparkos and it improved the mids, technical performance, and tonal balance for me but pulled back on the dynamics. I want improved technical performance and i want the dynamics at the same time but haven't been able to get it perfectly dialed in with the 3XP. I can get the dynamics I want with the Phi TC on high gain at say volume of 55-66 but the overall level is too loud.. Hence if I can get the dynamics at lower listening volumes I will be happy.

My hope is that the 3GT will give me that... This is something that XI Sagra + Formula S + Powerman can give but that stack is $10k and out of my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back