Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Jul 29, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #1,276 of 3,127
I'm getting a chance to trade my used HD58X for a Fostex T50RP, apparently its current owner did a foam mod on it. Was wondering if anyone here owns a pair of fostex and how do they fair with the soloist? I already own a HD600 as well.

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #1,277 of 3,127
Hey guys, how would the Soloist pair up with Ether 2s and an ADI2?
I used to have the ADI-2, it made a great pair with the Soloist. The difference in sound quality and imaging was striking, especially if you have revealing speakers. The RME is really good by itself of course but when you add the Soloist it becomes great.

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #1,278 of 3,127
I used to have the ADI-2, it made a great pair with the Soloist. The difference in sound quality and imaging was striking, especially if you have revealing speakers. The RME is really good by itself of course but when you add the Soloist it becomes great.
Yeah I’m using a SP200 for the balanced out since I only have the balanced cable, and it almost feels flat compared the Z1Rs on the Taurus Pre, so heavily considering something like a soloist or a gs-x mini at the moment.

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #1,279 of 3,127
Yeah I’m using a SP200 for the balanced out since I only have the balanced cable, and it almost feels flat compared the Z1Rs on the Taurus Pre, so heavily considering something like a soloist or a gs-x mini at the moment.
Get the Soloist. Burson might be from Victoria but they are great guys :)
I looked at GS-X Mini but since I always wanted to own Burson gear, it had to be the Soloist. Saved me some money, too.

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,283 of 3,127
“I'm getting a chance to trade my used HD58X for a Fostex T50RP, apparently its current owner did a foam mod on it. Was wondering if anyone here owns a pair of fostex and how do they fair with the soloist? I already own a HD600 as well.”

I run Fostex TH-900mk2’s with the Soloist, and they sound fantastic. Different Fostex model, obviously.
Edit: forgot to add quoted text

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #1,284 of 3,127
“I'm getting a chance to trade my used HD58X for a Fostex T50RP, apparently its current owner did a foam mod on it. Was wondering if anyone here owns a pair of fostex and how do they fair with the soloist? I already own a HD600 as well.”

I run Fostex TH-900mk2’s with the Soloist, and they sound fantastic. Different Fostex model, obviously.
Edit: forgot to add quoted text
ah thank you . i'm just a little concerned if i'm cutting myself short with this exchange as i've never really tried fostex before. appreciate your insite.

Aug 2, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,288 of 3,127
For those using the Soloist 3X and Composer 3X combo, I highly recommend getting a pair of Mogami 2549 XLR cables. I noticed a significant improvement on the Composer especially. I was previously using Mogami 2534 XLR cables (after doing some reading on various forums, stating 2534 has superior audio on a balanced connection). Swapping to the 2549 produced a noticeable increase in sound stage, detail and clarity.

My previous dac was the Gustard A22 (dual AK4499). Swapping from 2534 to 2549 was very difficult to notice with the A22 + Soloist. Minimal improvement that might be placebo. I recently picked up an HE1000se and the addition of 2549 with the Soloist + Composer took the headphones to another level. I believe the composer is more dependent on XLR cable quality/variations. Was going to purchase an X26 pro to compare, now I see no need. I find the difference between the A22 and Composer, when both stacked with the Soloist, to be larger than I anticipated. Have two superchargers on order and feel content with my stack.

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #1,290 of 3,127
Hello all, I apologize in advance if it has been discussed previously and jumping into discussion.
I am in search of next SS amp and seriously considering Burson Soloist 3X. I currently have V280. I read that Soloist 3x drives T50rp well and T1.2 and I have T50 Argon and Amrion Home and Auteur coming hopefully within next two months. DAC is Yggy and still cannot make up my mind on getting Pontus II ( read here that burson works well with Ares II and I thank you all for great information).
When I use Argon and Amiron Home with V280, I feel like it is a bit too soft. Very nice listening for enjoyment but I feel like I want a bit more clarity and sharpness?. I tried A90 but although it gives me what I am looking for....just boring to listen to.
So I would like to ask anyone's experience with V280 to Burson Soloist 3x. Hope that my writing makes sense and thank you for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back