Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Jun 18, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #1,126 of 3,120
Question.

I have composer and soloist. They both have the same remote. How can I use remote to control only one of them instead of controlling both units at the same time?
Is there a situation when you need to control both at the same time? Form my experience you have to control only one unit, either Soloist in normal mode (Composer is in DAC out mode) or Composer (preamp mode) when the Soloist is in headphone power amp mode.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #1,127 of 3,120
Is there a situation when you need to control both at the same time? Form my experience you have to control only one unit, either Soloist in normal mode (Composer is in DAC out mode) or Composer (preamp mode) when the Soloist is in headphone power amp mode.
He’s asking how to make the remote only control one of the units and not both. I’d shoot an email to Dennis at Burson. He’s very helpful!

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,128 of 3,120
I have one. What are you running the Pre-amp out to? I have the Ares II XLR out to the XLR in on the little Bear. Then XLR out to the Burson input. Then the Pre-Amp out to my XLR monitors. Are you running to single ended active speakers?
yep, to my single ended power amp.
i was planning to use burson as the pre amp

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #1,130 of 3,120
I have one. What are you running the Pre-amp out to? I have the Ares II XLR out to the XLR in on the little Bear. Then XLR out to the Burson input. Then the Pre-Amp out to my XLR monitors. Are you running to single ended active speakers?
I'm in the same shoes, just received the soloist 3XP, and got the same little bear on the way (before I realized it can't be used for XLR->RCA with the pre-amp XLR out sadly). Also I have a Musician Pegasus which is similar to Ares II, suffers from connecting both RCA and XLR outputs to devices.

But what if I connect:

Little Bear RCA Input -> DAC RCA Output
Little Bear XLR Input 1 -> DAC XLR Output
Little Bear RCA Output -> Active Speakers
Little Bear XLR Output A -> Soloist 3XP

In theory it should work right?

When Little Bear input selection is on XLR Input 1, the RCA part technically is not connecting to anything without a complete circuit, and shouldn't degrade the sound quality from the DAC?

When no music is playing, and I change Little Bear RCA Input to XLR Input 1, then change Little Bear RCA Output to XLR Output A, it shouldn't do any harm to both the DAC and the AMP right?

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #1,131 of 3,120
Hi. On June, 12 I've paid for The Soloist on the Burson site. Immediately received the notification "Hi Aleksandr Yurievich,
Just to let you know — we've received your order #*****, and it is now being processed". After that I've tried twice to receive any information on my order, I've tried to contact Burson via the form on its site, no response at all. Maybe somebody can provide me with working Burson contact? Thanks.

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #1,132 of 3,120
Hi. On June, 12 I've paid for The Soloist on the Burson site. Immediately received the notification "Hi Aleksandr Yurievich,
Just to let you know — we've received your order #*****, and it is now being processed". After that I've tried twice to receive any information on my order, I've tried to contact Burson via the form on its site, no response at all. Maybe somebody can provide me with working Burson contact? Thanks.
You have tried with this email address info@bursonaudio.com or support@bursonaudio.com

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,133 of 3,120
I ordered on June 11th, and requested an update on my order by using their web site form as well, they replied next day through email with shipping number. Have you checked your junk/spam mailbox? (btw, item arrived in 6 days since their reply).

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #1,135 of 3,120
I ordered on June 11th, and requested an update on my order by using their web site form as well, they replied next day through email with shipping number. Have you checked your junk/spam mailbox? (btw, item arrived in 6 days since their reply).
Thank You. I've checked all my mailboxes. The only response from Burson was the one immediately after the order. I've tried to contact Burson again today, so waiting for the response.

Jun 22, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,136 of 3,120
Thank You. I've checked all my mailboxes. The only response from Burson was the one immediately after the order. I've tried to contact Burson again today, so waiting for the response.
FWIW all of the responses I’ve ever gotten from them have been from Dennis (who is very very helpful) and at around 3AM EST due to them being in Australia 🇦🇺

Jun 23, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #1,137 of 3,120
I've just received the letter from Burson.
"Hi Aleksandr,
I have just checked with our logistic and unfortunately we don't have any ways to ship to Russia.
Do you have any alternative address outside of Russia? If not, we'll regrettably have to cancel and refund your order..."

Very dissapointed in Burson. Waiting for the refund.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,138 of 3,120
I've just received the letter from Burson.
"Hi Aleksandr,
I have just checked with our logistic and unfortunately we don't have any ways to ship to Russia.
Do you have any alternative address outside of Russia? If not, we'll regrettably have to cancel and refund your order..."

Very dissapointed in Burson. Waiting for the refund.
They have a dealer in Russia - Patefon. https://patefon.ru/products?keyword=burson, Patefon is the only one official Burson dealer here.
This is where I bought Composer and Soloist. I knew that they do not ship to Russia.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #1,139 of 3,120
Jun 23, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,140 of 3,120
By the way, do you guys know if there are any plans to extend the Reference Series?
I would like to see Soloist 3X Reference (even more power) and Composer 3X Reference (dual DAC) one day :wink:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back