Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Jun 7, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #1,097 of 3,119
Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me: my one month Soloist 3X has developed an extremely high static noise on one channel, and a kind of coil whine comes from the unit. I got the attached opamps (or whatever they are), could it be something I can fix myself before having to return the unit? Thanks!

Attachments

• B1D5C8BD-D607-4F43-B14B-A711ECA0E7DD.jpeg
    B1D5C8BD-D607-4F43-B14B-A711ECA0E7DD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #1,098 of 3,119
Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me: my one month Soloist 3X has developed an extremely high static noise on one channel, and a kind of coil whine comes from the unit. I got the attached opamps (or whatever they are), could it be something I can fix myself before having to return the unit? Thanks!
I had the same issue with my C3xR also at 1 month mark. I tried to swap opamp, it doesn't work. The noise persist in one channel regardless the volume adjustment. I returned the unit still waiting for replacement unit.

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #1,099 of 3,119
1623069143857.png

strange, i also got that opamps - dunno what is this for

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #1,101 of 3,119
It looks like my noise problem disappears after a while, but there’s a high pitched faint noise coming from the unit, could someone confirm to me if they have it too? You have to be very close to the amp to hear it.

Jun 7, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #1,102 of 3,119
It looks like my noise problem disappears after a while, but there’s a high pitched faint noise coming from the unit, could someone confirm to me if they have it too? You have to be very close to the amp to hear it.
I had that and the problem turned out to be the LCD display. I had the part sent and I replaced it myself. Problem solved.
When I first noticed this issue I thought it was just tinnitus! Then I realized I only experienced it when the Soloist was on.

Jun 7, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,106 of 3,119
Ciao a tutti, spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi: il mio Soloist 3X da un mese ha sviluppato un rumore statico estremamente elevato su un canale, e dall'unità proviene una specie di coil whine. Ho ricevuto gli operazionali collegati (o qualunque cosa siano), potrebbe essere qualcosa che posso riparare da solo prima di dover restituire l'unità? Grazie!
I also had the same problem on the left channel. Before reporting the problem to Burson I tried swapping the Vivid 6 chips to see if the problem persisted. In fact, I verified that by exchanging the opamps the noise had moved to the right channel. I then contacted Burso who immediately sent a replacement opamps.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,107 of 3,119
Hi, I suggest stop using that unit immediately and ask Burson to replace it, I had the same issue, and it smoked my headphone during my evidence collection. I have it recorded and uploaded to Youtube:
Burson has a very good customer service though, they replaced my Soloist as well as my broken Focal Clear. So don't hesitate to reach out to them.

Jun 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #1,108 of 3,119
Hi, I suggest stop using that unit immediately and ask Burson to replace it, I had the same issue, and it smoked my headphone during my evidence collection. I have it recorded and uploaded to Youtube:
Burson has a very good customer service though, they replaced my Soloist as well as my broken Focal Clear. So don't hesitate to reach out to them.

wow tho!

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,110 of 3,119
Thank you for the answer, I'm also considering buying a set of V6 classic to try. Currently I'm pairing the Soloist (with V6 vivid) with Focal Clear, previously I also feel it a little dry, but recently I just found out the power amp mode from this thread, and I feel a lot of improvement, the sound is richer and smoother
I have read reports that replacing the 2 vivids with classics rolls off the treble a tad, making it less dry but at a slight cost to detail perhaps. There is always a trade off. The DAC I want doesn't have volume control, so I'm doing my best to figure out good pairing with amp by doing the research here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back