1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Burson DAC 160

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by novalis, May 17, 2011.
First

Back
  1. Anaxilus

Quote:

I have actually, preferring the Lyr over it w/ just about every can.  The 160 was very good w/ the HD650 though but that's not a can that interests me in the least.

2. K3cT
    I can't seem to open the link in OP. Is it just me? 

3. Anaxilus

Quote:

Yup.  Just opened it.

4. snaps11

Quote:

Okay fair enough.  I mainly use it with the HD650 I guess thats why I like it so well.

5. Anaxilus

Quote:

Makes sense, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the pairing tbh.  Though I'm looking forward to my HD800 arriving next week.  A phone I never imagined I would ever like enough to own.  I always imagined myself a HE6 or LCD2 guy.  Funny how things work out.

Obviously I'm quite interested in how this DAC would pair up.

6. classakg

Quote:

The HD-800 is very nice.  You wont' regret it.... I am a fan of it too.  Although I am growing into my LCD2. 

7. Anthony1
    Anybody know when the DAC is actually going to be for sale?

Ive been waiting a long time for this DAC

8. MayaTlab
    I read on 6 moons that it was supposed to be released in June, but that it was delayed for an additional month or so because of the late addition of a new feature.

9. Duckman
    End of July. $950 USD.

10. bumblingbooby
    That price point places it in direct competition with the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1. I wonder what DAC chip Team Burson is using? 

11. pasgod

Quote:

They use Burr Brown 1793.

12. bumblingbooby
    Thanks. [​IMG]

13. bumblingbooby
    I know that the Burr Brown PCM1704U-K DAC chip is highly regarded. Does the PCM1793 have a similar reputation?

14. DarKu
    1793 like 1704 is a quite an old Chip, and sounds more "analog" comparing to newer 1796/1798

leeperry likes this.
  15. bumblingbooby
    Thanks for the information DarKu. 

First

Back