Burson Conductor 3 Performance & Conductor 3X Performance
Oct 25, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #166 of 232
You have to use the menu. 4-5 clicks. I switch often like that as I also use my Soloist as a pre. Takes about 10 seconds or less to switch. It would have been great to have this functionality on the remote. Instead the remote has functionality to switch input between XLR and RCA (as well as on/off, volume and mute). Edit: Sorry thought I was commenting on the Soloist thread. I'm not sure if the Conductor menu is the same.

It’s the same. One of the big misses by Burson. You can either use the headphones, have it output as a dac or have it output as a pre amp. It can’t do any of these things simultaneously and you have to use the clunky menu to switch. Should have absolutely been an option on the remote if possible.

Oct 26, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #170 of 232
Hi everyone

I just received my new 3XP yesterday. Love the sound but I am having a lot of problems with the usb c cable. The one which came with it died in 2 seconds. I’ve on to my 3rd usb c cable but the music keeps stopping within minutes even though the source keeps indicating that its connected.

Any advice to fix it or is the unit faulty?

Regards

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #171 of 232
Hi everyone

I just received my new 3XP yesterday. Love the sound but I am having a lot of problems with the usb c cable. The one which came with it died in 2 seconds. I’ve on to my 3rd usb c cable but the music keeps stopping within minutes even though the source keeps indicating that its connected.

Any advice to fix it or is the unit faulty?

Regards
Looks like a faulty unit to me. Try changing your source if that helps. Also, try the Toslink/Optical input to test if it's only the USB c input at fault or not.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #172 of 232
Looks like a faulty unit to me. Try changing your source if that helps. Also, try the Toslink/Optical input to test if it's only the USB c input at fault or not.
I later found out that 3 USB C cables did not work but USB A to C connected to my MacBook via a USB hub worked just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what brand of USB might work as I am aware that not all USB C cables are not standardised.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #173 of 232
I later found out that 3 USB C cables did not work but USB A to C connected to my MacBook via a USB hub worked just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what brand of USB might work as I am aware that not all USB C cables are not standardised.
Srinis, I had the same issue with USB C cables, and also as you did, had problems with the Burson provided USB C cable. I just picked up a Composer/Soloist stack that was sold by a member here (terrific, smooth transaction BTW).

It seems these units are quite picky about the cable. I have numerous ones, although no "audiophile" usb cables, and have had luck with a couple of USB C cables, and also with usb c to micro usb with an adapter.

Oct 28, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #174 of 232
Srinis, I had the same issue with USB C cables, and also as you did, had problems with the Burson provided USB C cable. I just picked up a Composer/Soloist stack that was sold by a member here (terrific, smooth transaction BTW).

It seems these units are quite picky about the cable. I have numerous ones, although no "audiophile" usb cables, and have had luck with a couple of USB C cables, and also with usb c to micro usb with an adapter.
Thanks bennyb. Glad to know that I am not the only one. I’ll email them and see what have to say about this, which seems to be something to do with cable compatibility than a hardware issue

Nov 16, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #175 of 232
I have both the Conductor 3X Reference and the 3X Performance and I love them both; absolutely the best headphone amps I have owned (so far).
Hi,
I am also interested in buying c3x Performance or c3x Reference, but I have not found anywhere or anyone to say if it is worth the extra money for the Reference. Could you tell from your experience what is the sonic difference between them?( soundstage, separation, resolution etc) I just heard Reference is better. Is it worth it to go directly to Reference?

thx

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #176 of 232
Hi,
I am also interested in buying c3x Performance or c3x Reference, but I have not found anywhere or anyone to say if it is worth the extra money for the Reference. Could you tell from your experience what is the sonic difference between them?( soundstage, separation, resolution etc) I just heard Reference is better. Is it worth it to go directly to Reference?

thx
Reference has more hump and background noise with IEM 😉
But if you read through the www you will anyway find just posts which says that the more expensive units sound better (not really related the 2 mentioned Burson devices)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #177 of 232
I am aware of more background noise from C3XR. I would like to know something quantifiable, even if it is purely subjective. Something like on soundstage R is 1-2% more than P, for example. Did you have the opportunity to listen to both amps?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #178 of 232
I'm experiencing A LOT of background noise from my 3XR, especially from the XLR output and through time the noise have become more prominent from the left channel. Tried different cables/sources and no change whatsoever.

From single ended the noise is MUCH lower and not imbalanced between the 2 channels.

Does anybody have any idea of why that could happen? Cheers!

Dec 21, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #179 of 232
I'm experiencing A LOT of background noise from my 3XR, especially from the XLR output and through time the noise have become more prominent from the left channel. Tried different cables/sources and no change whatsoever.

From single ended the noise is MUCH lower and not imbalanced between the 2 channels.

Does anybody have any idea of why that could happen? Cheers!
Guess one of your op-amps is deffective. Happened to me some time ago. Try either swapping the op-amps in the slots or use those spare ones to see if that's the culprit

Dec 21, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #180 of 232
Guess one of your op-amps is deffective. Happened to me some time ago. Try either swapping the op-amps in the slots or use those spare ones to see if that's the culprit
You had the same hiss+imbalance because of that. Really? Just changing OpAmps fixed it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back