Burson Audio Fun (2w pc Class A Headphone Amp)

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ostewart, Jun 7, 2018.
Page 1 of 6
2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last
  1. ostewart
    Just announced:

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/fun/

Burson-Fun-S1-2.jpg

Fun is a dual mono Class-A head amp and preamp. Its symmetrical circuitry is powered by four sets of Max Current Power Supply (MCPS) developed by Burson. The revolutionary MCPS is far superior to traditional transformers delivering instant, clean, and maximum electric current to the Fun. Like an engine with unlimited torque and zero latency, Fun delivers a rock solid performance regardless of demand. It will put most 4W and even 6W amplifiers to shame.

The heart of Fun is our fully discrete Burson Conductor V2 amplification stage. The same circuitry we have been refining since 2008 and famed for its incredible micro details and musicality. All that, delivered with incredible power and control.

Burson-Fun-S4.jpg

At Burson, we don’t believe one size fits all. So, once again, the Fun facilitates and encourages opamp rolling. Audiophiles can live happily with our pre-installed opamps or customise its sound with countless 3rd party opamps.

With added mic-input. Fun is also the missing link that unleashes the full potential of both the PC sound card and the headphones. Fun completes the gaming experience with mesmerizing audio performance.

As a proud member of the Burson family. Fun is top quality with high-end components selected and matched for performance. That includes ELNA Aluminum Electrolytic, Vishay Professional MELF resistors with a top-notch precision of 1% tolerance and ± 50 ppm/K and an ALPS volume pot for smooth and noiseless control.

With 5 years worldwide warranty*, Fun never ends!

PC-100a.jpg
    PC-100b.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. raoultrifan
    Just got myself the announcement in my mailbox too. Really good job there, I'm sure it will sound very well, as it should be.

3. DjBobby
    Now this sounds like a real Fun :). With such a powerful amp section, it would be interesting to compare it with the Play.

ostewart likes this.
  4. WilliamLeonhart
    Got this from @Asahi Templar on the Play thread, for those wondering if the Fun is actually Play without a DAC board:

ostewart likes this.
  5. Audio Addict Contributor
    Curios on how many have ordered the Fun?

I am considering upgrading my Play's DAC chips to the Classic V6 but wondered whether the Fun would be a better way to go?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    alphanumerix1 likes this.
  6. ostewart
    Lets have some Fun! :D

(also got a Bang to test with my bookshelf speakers)

IMG_20180703_113136.jpg

7. raoultrifan
    How dare you posting this without inside macro naked pics? :)

8. ostewart
    soon!

9. Audio Addict Contributor
    What opamp is in the Fun? Doesn't it just use one dual version?

10. ostewart
    The fun uses 2 X single opamps, the Bang uses a single dual opamp

11. Audio Addict Contributor
    Thanks. That makes sense as it is the same as the Play.

12. Asahi Templar
    I will also be getting a Fun. I see you are also using a Topping D50, Ostewart, that is the same combo I went for!

Looks to be a good way to get a dual mono setup at a reasonable price.

I just went for the basic version of the Fun, but will pick up some Muses 03 if it seems to be good ( and perhaps some Vivid V6s in the future)

WilliamLeonhart and ostewart like this.
  13. WilliamLeonhart
    Personally I'd prefer Fun with some DAC of my own choice. There's nothing wrong with the Play's DAC, but I think it's just a typical sub-$100 DAC. I believe if paired with better (more expensive) DAC then the amp will realize its full potential.

14. ostewart
    I spoke with Burson and the fun is not just a play without the DAC. I also personally prefer having separates so you can upgrade one part over the other.

Page 1 of 6
2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last