Build quality - Monster Turbine pros vs. Atrio M5
post-7584370
Post #2 of 2

shotgunshane

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I can't comment on the Monsters, since I have never owned them but I have read those same stories too.  As far as the Atrios, I have owned those and found the build quality to be very strong.  Yes the housing is all plastic but it is a very thick and strong plastic.  They also have good strain reliefs and look a lot better in person.  I always thought the only way your are going to damage them was smash them with a hammer.  They are also comfortable as the housing doesn't actually touch your ear when fitted properly.

The hardest part was finding tips I was satisfied with.  The stock bi-flanges sound good but weren't all that comfortable to me.  I recommend the new Earsonics bi-flanges.  They are extremely easy on the ears and most importantly have a large sound hole to let more treble through.  No modification necessary as they are made for the small bore nozzle of the SM3.  The ES bi-flanges can only be bought direct from Earsonics at this time.  I bought 2 pr to make the shipping to the US worthwhile.  Good luck deciding!
http://www.earsonics.com/osc/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=59&osCsid=7d920f04d9498ed7379f02866a1eda36

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)