Buho
Jun 14, 2016 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Buho

New Head-Fier
i am looking for recommendations of very good headphones for people with big ears and for listen with portable player if possible without amp and i listen most to classical , acoustic, native American flute and zakuhachi music, and artist like Ensemble Organum, Louis Armstrong and , Ben E King and similar, also cuban music like compay segundo, joseito fernandez + some calm music from around the world, and such kind of music, so i wonder what do you recommend?

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 7
ps. it would be perfect if it is so much cheap as possible but all the price are welcome so i may choose in the future

for now i had found :

Panasonic RP-HTX7

good price and good reviews online but i dont know if they can really be good for very big ears?

i also found Audio-Technica ATH-A700x and akg  702 but i dont know also if they are good for very big ears, please more recomendations and tip are very much welcome.

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 7
  i am looking for recommendations of very good headphones for people with big ears and for listen with portable player if possible without amp and i listen most to classical , acoustic, native American flute and zakuhachi music, so i wonder what do you recommend?

What's your budget?  Do you have any requirements for isolation?

If you can use an open headphone (which will leak sound and let sound in), the Phillips SHP9500 have very big ear cups and are a good choice for $60-75.

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 7
hi my budge right now is between 70 and 140 pounds

ps. i had recently sold zennheiser 600 for  100 punds and they were like 2 months old only i found they were not so much good for my music, the violins didn't sound so great it was like a veil over the music, i want to hear clarity, Crystal clear violin, and i don't like and dont care so much about bass, treble for me is more important

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 7
I think you would like the AKG K702, comfortable and big openings for your ears, and they have excellent clarity and sound stage. You likely want to look into an amp eventually though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 7
i try today Beyerdynamic DT990 and it was to tight to my ears also didn't sound so good, HiFiMAN HE-400i was little better but to close for me and the sound was not so Crystal clear like i tough the store i try didn't have akg 701 or 702 but i try it AKG K712 Pro and it was ok for my ears (even when i would like bigger) and the sound was better more clear so i think akg is my style headphone, so i am planing to buy in the future akg 701 or 702  the cheapest i can get in amazon or ebay here in Sweden they are to expensive.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/41/350x700px-LL-41a160b6_AKG-K712.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back