[BUG] X5ii - music stuck on fast forward
Jul 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dudiadudia1

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using my X5ii for few days now and am loving it.
But every once in a while the playback will get stuck on squicky pitch and the progress bar will be moving fast on its own.

Has anyone experienced this thing?

Few notes:
Am using 32gb class10 card.
I have some hires 192-24 and dsf files on it.

Regards.

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #2 of 12
Hello dudiadudia1,

Can you try formatting the card using the X5 2nd gen (System Settings->Storage formatting; please back up the data on your card to your computer before formatting) and putting the music back on the card and see if this still happens? Also, what brand is your card?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 8, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 12
hi Joe,

did the format from the X5 and recopied my library to the card. its a Sandisk 32GB class 4 SDHC.
when stopping in a middle of a "heavy" song such as .dsf file or a 96/24 flac and letting it go to deep sleep the issue happens.
when ill wake the X5 it'll either get stuck and wont play music while still responsive to navigation in the menus or it'll sound squicky as before.

only full restart brings it back to life. 
to me it seems like a inner memory issue :frowning2:.

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 12
update:
after copying my library and reproducing the error i fully restarted the device.
the X5 would not turn off....so after about a minute of being stuck on the shutting down screen i did a force restart- held the power for ~15 seconds till screen went off.
after that, turned the X5 on and wasn't able to reproduce the error again. tried a couple of times and it didn't happen.
ways to reproduce:
1. play hi-res file.
2.pause and turn off screen.
3. wait for the X5 to into deep sleep.
4. wake it and try to play the song it was previously playing.
** i would like to mention that i set it to resume to last position.

i tried to "over load" it with activites...played with settings while playing..so far so good.

i'll update tomorrow EOD if it happens again..with the amount of time i use it during the day, it'll be a pretty safe test :)
GN.

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 12
sorry for spamming folks :)

the issue was not fixed. only i figured out exactly what causes it.
when the X5 connected via line out and goes into deep sleep..when woken up u get the sound bug.

Joe,

this happens every time i do this procedure.

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #7 of 12
Hello dudiadudia1,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm sure this is not a problem that afflicts all X5 2nd gen players.

I'm pushing the development team for updates regarding your situation and expect to receive an answer in a day or two.

If you don't hear from me, please knock me over the head :deadhorse:

Best regards,
Joe :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 16, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #8 of 12
Hello dudiadudia1,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm sure this is not a problem that afflicts all X5 2nd gen players.

I'm pushing the development team for updates regarding your situation and expect to receive an answer in a day or two.

If you don't hear from me, please knock me over the head
deadhorse.gif

Best regards,
Joe
redface.gif

much appreciated :)

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #9 of 12
Hello dudiadudia1,

If you don't hear from me, please knock me over the head
deadhorse.gif

Best regards,
Joe
redface.gif

much appreciated :)

Has said answer been received?

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #12 of 12

Oh, so sorry for the late reply!
triportsad.gif

And we already knocked us over the heads. 
deadhorse.gif

1. You ever sent the private message to Joe in the end of the August and mentioned that, the file you were playing is MP3 format whose file size 100-250 mb's and length ~90 minutes, right? Is it the CUE? So the issue only happened when playing that long length MP3 file? Or even now, the problem persists when playing the hi-res files which you mentioned on post# 3 and 4?

2. What is current firmware running in your X5II? Kindly try to upgrade it to the latest firmware FW1.1http://www.fiio.net/en/story/292.

3. When the problem happens, pls try to put  the 3.5mm audio cable connecting with the X5II out then replug it again, or go access to "Browse files" to play a new song? To check whether the problem can be fixed or not. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,
Shadow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back