Buffered opa627 Cmoy...pics
Jul 22, 2004 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eyevancsu

100+ Head-Fier
I just finished up two of these amps, one of which is for myself. Its a buffered cmoy with dual opa627s all in a regular sized mint tin. It has a buf634 for the left and another for the right channel. Also has a buffered power supply with another buf634. All the rest are the same basic parts used in any cmoy. I just put in the opamps right now that tangent's adapter came in. Oh yea, it also has the dual battery power supply with the classic red led.

I plugged in two pioneer 30wrms speakers and it drove them exceptionally good, my brother in the shower was able to hear and jam to the music.

I wont post the pics on here since they are 200-300k, so ill post up the links.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

final pic

-ivan c.

Jul 23, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 7

Pars

Can Jam '10 Organizer
Nice job Ivan!

Those are some pretty small jacks, and look to better than the crap Ratshack jacks that I used on my first amp cuz of their size (and convenience). Can I ask what they are, and where to get them?

Thanks,

Chris

p.s.: Nice to see another Walgreens battery user
icon10.gif

Jul 23, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 7

drewd

Banned
Both Mouser and Digikey carry the jacks. The ones that I use like those are made by Kobiconn. I think that Switchcraft also makes something similar. They're very nice jacks.

Nice work Ivan! Your circuits always end up being nearly microscopic...very cool!

-Drew

Jul 23, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 7

eyevancsu

100+ Head-Fier
Thanks guys, i appreciate the good words.

Ive been a walgreens battery user for years, @ 2 for $.99, they're hard to beat.

I havent done a comparison on battery life from a standard cmoy to a buffered, but the buffered will last less because of the extra current draw from the 3 buffers.

-ivan c.

Jul 23, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 7

Velda

New Head-Fier
What a tease!

I have the USPS tracking page on constant refresh in the background.

Il probably write up a review as best i can being a little new to Hi Fi once i get my new headphones in. Eh, once i have time that is.

Looks real slick, cant wait to hear it.

Jul 23, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 7

drewd

Banned
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyevancsu
Thanks guys, i appreciate the good words.

Ive been a walgreens battery user for years, @ 2 for $.99, they're hard to beat.

I havent done a comparison on battery life from a standard cmoy to a buffered, but the buffered will last less because of the extra current draw from the 3 buffers.

You'd be surprised - there isn't all that much difference in battery life. Maybe an hour or so is all, at least on a single-battery buffered 2227. I was expecting a dramatic difference, but it wasn't much.

I've been using Energizers...but there's a Walgreens just around the corner from me. I guess I'd better start shopping there!

-Drew

Users who are viewing this thread